EmuNewz Network

Full Version: upgrading pc for jpcsp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi,

i'm playing SRW Z2 hakaihen, a 2d game, with latest jpcsp and not getting enough fps.(10~20 in battle animation).

my pc spec is: e5200 @3.0ghz, 4g ram, ati 4870

so i'm thinking of upgrading it to i5 760 and geforce, since i heard that geforce is more suitable to jpcsp than ati.

but on the other hand, when i play Valkyria Cronicles 2/3, both 3d games, i have almost 30 fps and it plays really smooth.

so, my question is, will this upgrade guarantee me higher fps or it's just jpcsp's emulation of SRW Z2 is not perfect yet?

thanks in advance.
i think the emu of your game isnt perfect yet
.to have more fps try to over clock your cpu and gpu but dont burn them!
after that change the priority of the emu to above normal or high from task manager
i use that to have more fps in any game in jpcsp and pc games
I have a Core i7 875K running at 3.7GHz and a GeForce GTX 460 1GB. On my PC, both SRW Z2 games (Hakaihen and Saiseihen) run at full speed during all battle animations, a steady 30 fps with the voices perfectly synchronized. However in some of the menu screens, it goes down to around 10 fps. The slowdown during some menu screens doesn't bother me though since you don't need 30 fps when in the menu screens while making choices. Everywhere else the games run smoothly at 30 fps and I'm having a blast playing them (currently playing Saiseihen).
@purmir bro if your going to upgrade please use the second generation I-core series because the 1st gen is crap (no offense to those who own a 1st gen intel)
(06-22-2012, 01:45 PM)devilscorner Wrote: [ -> ]@purmir bro if your going to upgrade please use the second generation I-core series because the 1st gen is crap (no offense to those who own a 1st gen intel)

And you're basing it on? because your post is utter crap. of course 2nd gen would be better but that doesn't mean the 1st generation is crap by any measurable mean.

Note: I don't own any Intel CPU.

@op
try this setting first:
http://s15.postimage.org/uq6yb8d2z/jpcsp.png
(06-22-2012, 02:08 PM)bugmenot Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2012, 01:45 PM)devilscorner Wrote: [ -> ]@purmir bro if your going to upgrade please use the second generation I-core series because the 1st gen is crap (no offense to those who own a 1st gen intel)

And you're basing it on? because your post is utter crap. of course 2nd gen would be better but that doesn't mean the 1st generation is crap by any measurable mean.

Note: I don't own any Intel CPU.

@op
try this setting first:
http://s15.postimage.org/uq6yb8d2z/jpcsp.png
its not really crap what im trying to say is 2nd gen is faster than the 1st gen (IDK how many percent but i think the 2nd gen is 15% faster than the 1st gen correct me if i'm wrong) soo it would be wise if someone wants to upgrade to the I-core series and buy the Sandy or Ivy Bridge architecture, and you wouldn't have to upgrade for a few hrs except if your processor die ^...,^
what is better i5 or i7
i heard that i7 has hyper threading and the pc ll consider it 8 cores but i5 ll have 4 cores . i know that java jpcsp doesnt use 4 cores it use just two like real psp .it would be wiser if you buy i5 as i think
i5 = High performance + Not so expensive

i7 = Future proof from multi-threaded apps...

Pick which one best for you, and remember to take the one that have highest frequency that closest to your budget...
hmm doesn't i5 also have hyper threading?? but anyway if you don't have a budget problem go for i7 but if you want high performance gaming without using so much money just choose i5, either way you can always change the clock speed higher by overclocking but before you do that make sure you have a cool heatsink ^...,^
i5 doesn't have HT for desktop models, unless its a notebook processor. (but then it usually has less cores)
Pages: 1 2