EmuNewz Network

Full Version: why does java not use 100% CPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well the title sez it all why wont it use 100% cpu I am stuck at 50+ whenever I am playing something which gives me shitty performance for example 3rd birhtday I get very Laggy gameplay and I used the recomended settings too so I played around with java a bit and I change priority testing from normal, above normal, and high all dont change a thing but when I tried realtime which change cpu usage to above 60% but it wont go higher than that and I can play it properly now but that usage is still low both PCSX2 and Dolphin use more than 60% Cpu all the time its like 80+ most of the time jpcsp wastes 40+% in normal to high and 30+% at real time is too much wasted power am I right I just finished 3rd birthday on my PSP but I aint really a big fan of small screened devices so I own only a few games on it and playing the 3rd birthday on small screen kinda ruined it for me so I really like Jpcsp so can anybody help me on this I am using Jpcsp 2211

my PC is e7400 @ 4ghz [OC] /w DeepCool Killer Whale pro
2g ram
Palit GTS450 Sonic
EMAXX P45 pro [MOBO]
6 500GB seagate baraccuda HDD

I can play almost anything I throw at it so I am wonderin why Jpcsp wont work properly
jpcsp is still being developed, it's nowhere near a complete working emulator.
TNX but Id prefer a DEV to tell me why its doing that cuz Ive read that emulator can actually use 100% cpu power here in the forum and I know its still in development and its not yet finished I just got a couple of questions thats all
Because your e7400 is a dual-core CPU. Every process that isn't optimized for the multi-threading can use only 1 core (in your case JPCSP uses 50% of your CPU because it uses the 100% of one of the two cores installed on your system). You can find this thing also in other non-professional softwares. It isn't a problem of the emulator, but just a feature that it missing.
now that's a proper explanation not like the other guy hehe I see so the emulator is written to only utilize 1 core of a CPU oh well that sux hehe kidding TNX
Xee that doesn't sound right seeing as i have heard somewhere in this forum that with multiple cores it enhances performance greatly...
thats why I'd prefer a DEV to explain things more properly now I am just confused
See the README file in Jpcsp:
Code:
Jpcsp takes full advantage of dual-core processors, matching the PSP dual-core architecture. Even a quad-core can give a small performance improvement by leaving free CPU cores for the Java JIT Compiler and the graphics cache.
However, not all PSP games are using 100% of the PSP CPUs: depending on the game, you can reach 100% PSP speed even if your computer CPU is not used at 100%. If the game feels slow, try using different configuration settings. Usually, you can find the best settings in the game thread on this forum.
The graphics performance also depends on the performance of your graphics card, not just your computer CPU.
Thank you Gid and welcome back!
(07-19-2011, 08:25 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]See the README file in Jpcsp:
Code:
Jpcsp takes full advantage of dual-core processors, matching the PSP dual-core architecture. Even a quad-core can give a small performance improvement by leaving free CPU cores for the Java JIT Compiler and the graphics cache.
However, not all PSP games are using 100% of the PSP CPUs: depending on the game, you can reach 100% PSP speed even if your computer CPU is not used at 100%. If the game feels slow, try using different configuration settings. Usually, you can find the best settings in the game thread on this forum.
The graphics performance also depends on the performance of your graphics card, not just your computer CPU.
TNX but I am using the recommended settings from the thread already and its still dipping frames maybe Ill wait for a newer version of the emu w0hen its available TNX and also I noticed that when you press the start button and go ingame again the texture filters seem to go off and give me nice PSX looking game which can be fixed by going to another room but other than that its a great project keep it up
Pages: 1 2