EmuNewz Network

Full Version: So... I have no idea how to use this!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple of questions... How do you use the emu exactly? I'm trying to play FFVIICC and I can't get it to start. I own a copy of the game but I downloaded a copy off the internet out of laziness. Is that why it's not working? Do I have to copy my actual game from my psp somehow? if so, how do I do that? I hope it doesn't involve a memory stick because I don't have one (Which is why I'm trying to use a emu anyway) I already have a copy of my save files on my computer.
Can anyone help me?? Or at least direct me to a guide that explains how to use jpcsp. I'm not very good with anything too technical and I didn't understand the read me file that came with the emu.
Hi
it is easy to play the games in jpcsp
put the image of the disk in the folders (umd images)
then run cmd that came with the jpcsp and when the emu run select file then load umd image your game must show now click on it and then press run
so simple but you must have a java runtime enviroment istalled on your pc
(06-24-2011, 01:29 PM)shin x Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
it is easy to play the games in jpcsp
put the image of the disk in the folders (umd images)
then run cmd that came with the jpcsp and when the emu run select file then load umd image your game must show now click on it and then press run
so simple but you must have a java runtime enviroment istalled on your pc

After press run is a blank screen.
Even I load test file, it 's just a blank screen Angry
i got that problem once
i guess it is either a error in the emu(not likely)
or (more likely) your vga driver is old or is not good enough!!
update the driver (if you cant run any game i guess!)
or another error i dont know!!!
Thank you so much!! I can get the game to start, but after the first screen loads it gets all glitchy. I guess I have to fiddle with the settings. I hope my computer is powerful enough to run it. Or is it because I downloaded it instead of copying the image off of the game I own?? I know in the forums they said something about games being encrypted...
These are my specs if that helps: Windows Vista 32bit, 2gig Ram, AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2GHz processor.
Okay... So I have determined I am using a ridiculously outdated version of the emu (I no good with computers)Confused so I am updating and we will see how that goes.....
if you dont know where to download the emu
try this http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
if you want any help i wiil be glad if you ask
Unless the version you downloaded became corrupted during the downloading process, it is not the game that is the issue. You may want to check the official CC thread and check the settings that works the best.

Also, if you get stuck at blank screens etc make sure to turn on the ignore invalid memory process under config. Also get SonicStage and check use media engine, decode audio files with SonicStage and use non-native fonts from flash0 folder.
could you tell us what version of Jpcsp are you using and also what game are you trying to run ( remember this emulator doesn't support all games yet ) and also tell us if you're using Linux or windrugs or MacosX

my recomendations for you are:

in order to get more FPS during gameplay please download the latest JDK 7 installer from:

http://jdk7.java.net/download.html

JDK 7 almost doubles the speed of it's predecesor JDK 6 update 27

and also modify the .bat file to this if you have 4 Gigabyte Ram or more:

-Xmx2048m -Xss100m

or to this if you have 2 Gigabyte Ram or less:

-Xmx1048m -Xss10m