EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
I tried the suggestions and got the text to show up, but when it gets to the fight sequence in the intro the spells are not displayed right and are really slow, guess I'll just wait on more updates.
i have tried the config that hyakki posted in the 1st page of this thread and i am currently able to play the game with r2450 with minor glitches, the most annoying one is that there is no cursor in the party menu but the game is still playable.
Ok, I tested it with r2452 64 bit.

My computer spec:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel Core2 Duo CPUE8400 @ 3.00GHz
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series gfx card.

With the following configuration options settings checked:
Use Shaders
Use Geometry Shader for 2D rendering
Enable dynamic shader generation
Enable the shader implemention for the "Color Mask"
Disable optimized VertexInfo reading

I can run the game at 30 fps with the following issues:
Damage numbers are not shown sometimes, and sometimes they are shown badly (black or white box).
Sometimes there is a thin white or black square around characters.
Some battle menu windows overlap making you see both texts.
Certain animations, like boss fight start or boss death cause fps to drop for a while.

Everything else is working and correctly shown.
Since I tested this a lot, I can say this has been my best setup for me so far.
I also restarted the game to see if it worked again and it did.
I hope this helps a bit.
Just curious but have you tested to ensure you are able to view in-game cinematics? The first time you would run into an issue would be the leviathan scene after leaving by boat from Fabul. This has been an issue for all releases since around 2196, at least that's the release I have been using to bypass that issue.

However even using 2196, when you finally do beat the end boss and the ending starts to play out initially, the fade in of the text 'One born of a dragon...' etc. basically repeats forever and there is no way to move on from that.

Trying 2450 to see if it works, will try 2452 later if it doesn't. Doubt the cut scene issue has been addressed since this update seems to only have to do with the software renderer.
Sorry, I have not reached that point yet, I was just talking about the "routine" gameplay and pointing out what appeared to be the best setup for it (with my specs, I was suspecting that ATI users were having problems with the settings posted in the first post, because it was not running properly for me with em, menu texts were missing, battle background missing, ecc...).
hi i have read the past 10 pages of this thread, but still couldn't find a solution to slowdown walking in worldmap problem, is there any solution so far?

And like someone reported b4, when i turn on anisotropic filter, the characters and building will wrapped with a green lines, any update for that problem also?
software mode r2457
game looks good (though slow), text is visible, game still crashes at the leviathan movie.
So far i've been sitting here reading everything to do with the invisible text and i just cant seem to get mine working, i have gone through every page on this and none of it is working i have realised that the shader implementation stencil test is what allows me to see the text but whenever i turn that on all my graphics mess up, help please. (im using a nvidia geforce gtx560 card). that is my only problem everything is working
(02-14-2012, 10:38 PM)Destr0ya Wrote: [ -> ]So far i've been sitting here reading everything to do with the invisible text and i just cant seem to get mine working, i have gone through every page on this and none of it is working i have realised that the shader implementation stencil test is what allows me to see the text but whenever i turn that on all my graphics mess up, help please. (im using a nvidia geforce gtx560 card). that is my only problem everything is working

If you have the stencil test option enabled then disable 'Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory' option this is incompatible with that option
um mr hyakki hows solution for crashed at leviathan movies?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48