EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Excelsior JET 7.2 compiled JPCSP r2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, i compiled jpcsp r2023 with excelsior jet 7.2

excelsior jet 7.2 is a commercial java compiler which uses a technology called ahead-of-time (AOT) compilation
in which java source code or bytecode is compiled to native machine code. it can make your java applications
start and work faster and deploy without dependency on the JRE.

my point in creating this, is that you can run jpcsp without installing java but its larger than the original...

you can download my build below or you can build one yourself by downloading the 90-day evaluation version of excelsior jet 7.2

DOWNLOAD/S:
Excelsior JET 7.2 compiled JPCSP r2023 for Windows x86
Excelsior JET 7.2 compiled JPCSP r2021 for Windows x86
(03-16-2011, 07:32 AM)skycursor Wrote: [ -> ]hello, i compiled jpcsp r2021 with excelsior jet 7.2

excelsior jet 7.2 is a commercial java compiler which uses a technology called ahead-of-time (AOT) compilation
in which java source code or bytecode is compiled to native machine code. it can make your java applications

my point in creating this, is that you can run jpcsp without installing java but its larger than the original...

you can download my build below or you can build one yourself by downloading the 90-day evaluation version of excelsior jet 7.2

DOWNLOAD: Excelsior JET 7.2 compiled JPCSP r2021 for Windows x86

Very interesting. I have to test that later. Do you have any numbers on the speed increase?
Darth1701 Wrote: [ -> ]Very interesting. I have to test that later. Do you have any numbers on the speed increase?

well, i tried p3p on it but i didn't notice any speed increase... i don't know, i haven't tried other games on it yet...
(03-16-2011, 07:32 AM)skycursor Wrote: [ -> ]hello, i compiled jpcsp r2021 with excelsior jet 7.2

Jpcsp is generating Java classes on the fly (Dynarec compiler generating bytecode). Will these also be compiled?
(03-16-2011, 09:50 AM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]

Jpcsp is generating Java classes on the fly (Dynarec compiler generating bytecode). Will these also be compiled?

I don't think so. On the Product Page I can see it basically takes the existing Java classes and compiles it to machine code, much like the JVM does it during runtime. But if a class does not exist before there is nothing to compile.
Darth1701 Wrote: [ -> ]
gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]Jpcsp is generating Java classes on the fly (Dynarec compiler generating bytecode). Will these also be compiled?
I don't think so. On the Product Page I can see it basically takes the existing Java classes and compiles it to machine code, much like the JVM does it during runtime. But if a class does not exist before there is nothing to compile.

yeah, you're probably right, i think that is why i didn't notice any speed increase... but you can run it without installing any JRE...
also as i know, it supports dynamic class loading, as it includes a JIT compiler that loads dynamically generated java classes/bytecode to the running application...
according to here:
csxpgege's blog (chinese)
csxpgege's blog (google translate)

he tested crisis core on it and he had a speed increase of 2-3 fps...

no battle: original 45fps to jet-compiled 47fps...
with battle: original 18fps to jet-compiled 21 fps...