EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - ULUS10565
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the hard work. I've been playing for a little while without many issues other than the music, but I decided to start playing Tactics Ogre on my PSP. Is there a way to use my save data from the emulator on my PSP?
I don´t know what to do, my game keeps freezing all the time, in every battle, help me please.
(01-19-2013, 04:33 PM)Jcmouy Wrote: [ -> ]I don´t know what to do, my game keeps freezing all the time, in every battle, help me please.

So do I, it always comes up on the black screen with words 'now loading' during mid of the battleConfused
My game freezes during cutscenes, any fix?
For mid battle freezes, I posted two videos explaing what to do to avoid freezing.
For cutscenes, disable vertex cashe and enable only ge graphics.
It seems like this emulator not supportting all the cheat code....

So far I only could gain the unlimited capital, but the rest of the cheat function is not working at all.
I am a big fan of emulation, more importantly my PSP and NDS stopped working some time ago so I have been completely reliant on this. I spent the last few days reading every page of this thread and testing things out on my own in regards to Tactics Ogre let us cling together and I have found a solution for game crashing errors that works for my computer.

My computer specs are as follows:
intel core duo quad 3 gig (~12 total).
raedeon 5770 HD 1Gb.
8Gb DDR3 RAM.
Win 7 64bit.
WEI score 5.9/7.9 (7.2/7.9 excluding data transfer rate)

Emulator used:
jpcsp 2957 32bit - this is important because the newer versions were not compatible and only the 32bit javas seem to completely work properly.
updated to java 7.
video settings: use vertex cache, enable saving GE, disable optimized vertexinfo (even though I do not have an AMD processor, possibly because of my raedeon card).
region: changed to english.
memory: ignore invalid memory.
media: use media engine, decode media with sonicstage.
compiler: max method size 500.
ISO used: Tactics Ogre.iso (Patched ISO did not share the same compatibility)

Things to note: the only instant I found when the game froze up on AI tutorial movements at almorica castle was AFTER I SAVED given the first opportunity so DO NOT SAVE BEFORE THE BATTLE. I have not tested if this problem persists after the castle battle or if it persists indefinitely as a saving issue nor have I tested if saving altogether (including save state) causing freezing/crashing. What I did test is not saving and skipping cut scenes, 100% no freeze issues, no graphical errors, no slow downs, no text flashing or errors.

Another note: if text is still flashing, try enabling 'use debug font' under media.
Additionally, SFX remains consistent the entire time I played (about the first 2 hrs) however, BGM cuts out consistently around 3 min or so, what I noticed with this is that if you look up the OST for the game, the sound files usually cut out when it is time for them to loop, hopefully this helps someone who is trying to repair this.

Using previous builds has always been a fallback for me when testing emulation, newer builds improve overall quality/compatibility but it may break compatibility in other previously working games. I think it should be important that users with issues post the exact verison of the software they are using. I am no computer scientist nor am I fluent in java or any other programming language, I have been doing this for quite a while though and I have a general education in computer science and bioinformatics for both linux and windows cmd scripts. I may work in plant genetics and pathogens but emulation is a serious hobby for me so I spend a good deal of my free time with it.

losing background music kinda ruins this game for me, my solution for that was to google which missions played what music, then I went to youtube and played the corresponding BGM by searching 'Let us cling together ost'.

Another thing to note is that I did the microsoft Windows experience Index test, giving me a 5.9 out of 7.9, also noting that tested parameters (cpu, graphics, memory) were at 7.2-7.2 out of 7.9 and the final parameter 'data transfer' was at 5.9 which skews the total score. The high score on the first 3 parameters allowed me to play the game at consistent 60 fps, when tested on my other computer where those first three values fall into the 6 range the fps was around 50, maybe 45 also noting that the cpu for that computer was an amd A8 quad core at 1.6Ghz and portable radeon 660 512Mb, 6G RAM, index experience score of 6.2 excluding 5.9 data transfer score

hopefully this helps someone else out so they don't waste half their week messing around with the emulator. These are also parameters that just so happened to work for me and my hardware/software set up, I tested many different configurations, this one being the only one that worked.

Regards, Jeremy M.

I apologize for the lengthy message and this is indeed my first post on this forum. If someone could confirm that freezing happens AFTER saving BEFORE the almorica battle that would be appreciated, also left to be testing is if saving altogether is the problem and saving and reloading after Almorica castle.

I am currently playing through FFTA2 on desmume 0.9.8 64bit so I won't return to TOLUCT until I'm finished with that (about 12 hrs in and absolutely no issues)

special thanks to digiadventures, I based this 'fix' off most the information you provided.
(01-31-2013, 03:07 AM)isoepic Wrote: [ -> ]My game freezes during cutscenes, any fix?

what are your computer specs, emulator configurations (and version), and if Windows; what are your windows experience index scores (I personally find this to be a good way to judge if your hardware can handle certain emulators like psp/psx) ?

Or refer to my massive post below
I think I have finally found proper configuration for me (no AI freeze, no problems during cut-scenes):

My PC spec (mid-range priced laptop from 2007):
JPCSP 2985 from 2013-02-24,
Intel Core 2 duo @1,83ghz,
3 gig ram,
Nvidia geforce 8400M GS,
Windows Home Premium 32 bit,
and TO:LUCT runs @ 40-60 fps.

1) you should read the JPCSP Launcher Settings Guide
2) my configuration:
a) differences between my settings and guide:
- xss size: 2 (default)
- xms size: 128 (default)
- system profile: custom
- garbage collector: custom
- ResCodeCacheSize: 64
- MaxPermSize: 98
b) video:
- enable: use vertex, saving GE screen
c) audio: disable everything
d) memory: enable ignore invalid memory access
e) media: enable media engine, SonicStage, debug font
f) compiler: use compiler (dynarec), max method size: 100
g) crypto: enable extract original PGD
h) display: 4x aa, native
3) Enable the Lock Pages i tried to do this on windows home premium, but i have no idea whether successfully or not.

I got:
Quote:Java HotSpot client VM warning: JVM cannot use large large page memory because it does not have enough privilege to lock pages in memory
... but Tactics Ogre on JPCSP runs great.
(03-01-2013, 04:26 PM)Domdziedzic Wrote: [ -> ]I think I have finally found proper configuration for me (no AI freeze, no problems during cut-scenes):

My PC spec (mid-range priced laptop from 2007):
JPCSP 2985 from 2013-02-24,
Intel Core 2 duo @1,83ghz,
3 gig ram,
Nvidia geforce 8400M GS,
Windows Home Premium 32 bit,
and TO:LUCT runs @ 40-60 fps.

1) you should read the JPCSP Launcher Settings Guide
2) my configuration:
a) differences between my settings and guide:
- xss size: 2 (default)
- xms size: 128 (default)
- system profile: custom
- garbage collector: custom
- ResCodeCacheSize: 64
- MaxPermSize: 98
b) video:
- enable: use vertex, saving GE screen
c) audio: disable everything
d) memory: enable ignore invalid memory access
e) media: enable media engine, SonicStage, debug font
f) compiler: use compiler (dynarec), max method size: 100
g) crypto: enable extract original PGD
h) display: 4x aa, native
3) Enable the Lock Pages i tried to do this on windows home premium, but i have no idea whether successfully or not.

I got:
Quote:Java HotSpot client VM warning: JVM cannot use large large page memory because it does not have enough privilege to lock pages in memory
... but Tactics Ogre on JPCSP runs great.

You have to activate the launcher as an administrator by right click in order for that to actually take effect. I actually stumbled across it when trying to activate gpedit.msc to lock pages for my windows 7 home premium.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38