EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - ULUS10565
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
I can confirm that these enemies had absolutely nothing to say 99% of the time. I'm talking arrow firing skeletons.. I appreciate your efforts digiadventures, but it looks like you are somehow simply lucky with your setup. The game will hang on a random grunt that does not talk (without me pressing anything) nearly every battle, thus rendering the game unplayable.

And yes I have tried virtually every configuration setup in this thread, and have actually been only checking GE textures after arriving on my own that it had the best results.
digiadventures Im very happy for people like you first off!! I used to be in love with this game when it first came out on PS1... And I really wanted to give this one a shot . I dont own a psp (Yet im considering buying one if I cant fix these issues)

Anyway im having random freezes like the other guy during the middle of turns, not after people talk or attack etc... but so far i've been without one on the castle after messing around with different versions of JPCSP, currnetly using 2838 I believe.. and i only have the option clicked to stop flickering... the GE switched to memory or something..

My other issue is the music will just cut out eventually during battle.. normally i wouldnt care so much but tactics ogre features by far one of the greatest soundtracks in any RPG in my opinion. Its legendary and I want to be able to listen to the music!!!

Any advice?

Just an update.. the sound completely messed up now, all audio cuts out and starts randomly coming back and like clicking...
And now it all froze..
Little bit of an update. 3 battles no freezing so far, I think i was using the wrong ISO version of the game.. . THe music still cuts out eventually though each time you enter a battle or do a cutscene.. Definatly playable now though
(11-09-2012, 10:17 PM)nogusta Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm that these enemies had absolutely nothing to say 99% of the time. I'm talking arrow firing skeletons.. I appreciate your efforts digiadventures, but it looks like you are somehow simply lucky with your setup. The game will hang on a random grunt that does not talk (without me pressing anything) nearly every battle, thus rendering the game unplayable.

And yes I have tried virtually every configuration setup in this thread, and have actually been only checking GE textures after arriving on my own that it had the best results.

Maybe like Mikeman you are using wrong/different iso version or something ?
What are your system specs ? What windows version ? What java version ?

(11-10-2012, 09:48 AM)Mikeman419 Wrote: [ -> ]Little bit of an update. 3 battles no freezing so far, I think i was using the wrong ISO version of the game.. . THe music still cuts out eventually though each time you enter a battle or do a cutscene.. Definatly playable now though

Well I am glad you sorted it out..music cutting out is definitely the biggest problem right now..I would even say biggest or most annoying problem with emulator in general,I have been finding more and more games which have this bug. For example star ocean first departure also has it,altrough its not mentioned as much in that game's thread.
New Final Fantasy III ( just released about month ago ) also has it.
I am sure gid15 will fix it someday Smile
Yah the Tactics Ogre I have came with a patched version and a non patched version.. The Non Patched Version seems to be working fine for me for now but im about to test more..
Update.. Freezing again.. Similar to before except now their feet dont stop music and the music doesnt stop playing (Unless the music already stopped)
dont forget to post logs, they might contain information to help with the issue
mikeman and nogusta, you should post your pc specification.
Maybe there lies the answer,I cant figure out why I didnt have single freeze in more then 50 hours of play,and you do.
Maybe if you both for example have amd and I have nvidia thats the answer

(11-11-2012, 06:31 AM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]dont forget to post logs, they might contain information to help with the issue

For this issue, gid15 would need to instruct us for to put for debug options,since info level only shows that it repeats atrac3 track when game freeze ( which it doesnt most of the time lol )
Hello I'm new to JPCSP and wanted to try Tactics Ogre. At chapter one I see some people talking (just the text, no people there) but everything else is all black. Also the music stopped in the intro. How well does it run on JPCSP and can I fix the black screen thing?

Specs are
3.2 GHz quadcore
ATI Radeon 5700
4 GB RAM
(11-11-2012, 04:21 PM)rotzwurm Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I'm new to JPCSP and wanted to try Tactics Ogre. At chapter one I see some people talking (just the text, no people there) but everything else is all black. Also the music stopped in the intro. How well does it run on JPCSP and can I fix the black screen thing?

Specs are
3.2 GHz quadcore
ATI Radeon 5700
4 GB RAM

Make sure you enable "saving ge screen to textures" in configuration/video tab
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38