EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - ULUS10565
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Don't forget to post a LOG on the INFO setting, it could provide valuable info for fixing crashes.
(10-25-2012, 06:57 PM)Kertrei Wrote: [ -> ]Nay, the problem is when i'm in a fight, it regulary hang 1 on 3 battles, cutscenes aren't any problem if you skip them.
I tried software render before, but it didn't work. No idea if updating nvidia drivers would work.
Yep chapter 2 is the main problem, i'm in law path, and i can't get trough the multiple clerics fight.
I'm still tryng diferent things, I'll let you know if something happens (I pray my computer isn't getting on fire xD)

This is the one i currently have

r2740 video:

vertex cache
shaders
geometry shader
enable saving GE
CLUT
dinamic shader
disabled vertexinfo

tell me if you see something i shouldn't be using

Saludos!

When exactly does it hang ? When characters are talking ?
I am afraid cant help you there,since I didnt get a single freeze about a year ago when I played it ( and finished it )
Yet people at the time did complain about this.
Only place in the entire game where I was able to reproduce it is very first battle at almorica castle.
What I did then was deleted that save,started new game and didnt save for couple of hours. After that,about I dont know,60 or even more hours later of the gametime,not a single freeze. ( except at those 2 cutscenes I already mentioned,but thats different issue )

I usually only use shaders and saving ge screen to textures,why do you have all these options enabled ?
Reading through this thread, I am confused as to what the best settings for this game are.

It was last retested with the latest revision at this time, r2810, but with what settings configuration?

I can't find a combination of settings that are optimal for this game.

Thank you in advance, and I apologize if the answer has been right before my eyes and I failed to see it.
Saving ge screens to textures needs to be enabled or it will flicker.
Other video options dont seem to have much impact.
What problem exactly are you having,what do you mean by optimal settings ?
It will freeze randomly at 2 spots in the game in the cutscenes,nothing you can do about it except skipping the cutscenes.
Also,for some people it might freeze in battles when characters are talking,I didnt get this bug for some reason.
When that happens,just reload the game and try again
I have been using that setting, because it makes the game more fluent, I get 55-60fps.
And it doesn't freeze when they talk, it does when they are making their movement.

here is the log r2740 same settings

Saludos!
Ok,I think I have solved freezing problem in battles.
Game simply needs PATIENCE !!!
If you press x button quickly when characters are talking,or simply when they say something before casting a spell or using a skill,there is good chance game will freeze.
Attention needs to be paid to sound. If it stutter or crackle a little,it means game will freeze if you press x button ( or maybe any button who knows )
Just leave the game alone for couple of seconds,and game will not freeze.

As for freezing in some cutscenes,it happens less frequently now then before,but still happens.

Code:
19:21:12  WARN       ge - GUI - Unimplemented VSCY: coordY=26200
19:21:12  WARN       ge - GUI - Unknown/unimplemented video command [unk 0x4f](hex=00434154,int=4407636,float=193.328125) at 0x09026040

It seems jpcsp doesnt have some features implemented yet,and thats why it freezes.
What is strange though,is how come it doesnt freeze sometimes ? It video command is not implemented,then its not implemented,so how come its ok sometimes and not ok another times ? Makes no sense to me Smile

I attatched the log of cutscene freeze
I also solved freezing in cutscenes finally Smile I tested around 50 times,just to be sure !
Solution is very simple : "Only GE graphics" option needs to be enabled.
But, if vertex cashe is also enabled, then shaders and "decoding of indexed textures using CLUT" also need to be enabled.
Incorrect about stopping the random hanging of the game. I don't press any button whatsoever unless absolutely necessary and it still freezes. It can hang on any enemy, mages who say stuff, or just regular faceless grunts that just have weapons. Tested in multiple versions including the newest one.
(11-09-2012, 08:51 AM)nogusta Wrote: [ -> ]Incorrect about stopping the random hanging of the game. I don't press any button whatsoever unless absolutely necessary and it still freezes. It can hang on any enemy, mages who say stuff, or just regular faceless grunts that just have weapons. Tested in multiple versions including the newest one.

Yeah,but does "the faceless grunts" say something before it hangs ?
If they do,you shouldn't press x button when its necessary,but AFTER its necessary. Like I said,leave the game alone for couple of seconds, with what they said beeing still written on the screen.
If it just hangs for you on regular enemy turn,without them saying something,that has NEVER happened to me,and I already finished the game and I am playing it second time now

I made two youtube videos to demonstrate the issue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUmmsP0MaCU
This is where game doesnt freeze:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1g4isjDpLc

I am not sure if posting 2 videos is against the rules or what ? It doesnt make any sense.
Can I atleast post it like this in 2 posts ? Also I dont really care about them showing up in post,if its against the rules,I want to just post the link so the user can click and watch on youtube,but it doesnt seem posible ? Links are automatically displayed as videos
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38