EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - ULUS10565
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(10-08-2012, 02:45 PM)digiadventures Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the log with sceAudio and sceAtrac3plus on debug level.
Its 46mb file,but can be opened in Google Chrome.

Just wanted to say that even though I haven't the foggiest idea how to contribute here, thanks very much for helping try to solve this issue Big Grin

-BM.
(10-11-2012, 12:04 AM)Rune_Darkfire Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2012, 02:45 PM)digiadventures Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the log with sceAudio and sceAtrac3plus on debug level.
Its 46mb file,but can be opened in Google Chrome.

Just wanted to say that even though I haven't the foggiest idea how to contribute here, thanks very much for helping try to solve this issue Big Grin

-BM.

This and jeanne d'arc are best SRPGS ( tactical rpgs ) on psp,so of course I want them to be perfect Smile

Gid15,is there anything alse I can do to help you with this issue ?
It seems you randomly fixed another bug in latest revisions,where game used to freeze after certain animations-it doesnt do it anymore.

I am not sure if this game can be moved to playble-I personally would like to see music fixed first Smile
I know its up to gid15 or other moderators choice to move the game or not,but I feel this game has been "playble" for some time.
I just extensive tested cutscenes after balmasusa ( or some similiar name lol ) masacre and another one after chapter 2 where game used to hang regurally and game does not hang anymore on latest revisions.
Also,it doesnt seem to freeze in battles anymore.( didnt test this much,only loaded first battle "almorica castle" 3 times ) Also,it didnt hang for me in older revision in battles either
However,it has annoying bug already mentioned many times where music stops very soon when same track is replayed,which is most of the time in this game.
But playble doesnt mean perfect or a lot of other games should be moved back here into "half playble" section.
But,if moving this game to playble section is going to make it less likely for gid15 to fix the music then it should stay here Big Grin
Moved to Playable Smile
Can you give us any info on status of music fixing ? Did the logs I provided gave any sort of hint or info what might be wrong ?
I am itching to replay this game and it would be great to have the music Smile
If there is no any hope in near future then I guess I will just have to play it without it !

BTW it might be worth looking into because this is not the only game who have this problem,I read on couple of different threads about different games people complaining about music cutting out...
(10-24-2012, 06:51 PM)digiadventures Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give us any info on status of music fixing ? Did the logs I provided gave any sort of hint or info what might be wrong ?
If there is no any hope in near future then I guess I will just have to play it without it !

BTW it might be worth looking into because this is not the only game who have this problem,I read on couple of different threads about different games people complaining about music cutting out...
No, I haven't found anything yet for the method used by this game.

I've read about other games using sceAtracLowLevelDecode where the music is not looping. I think to be able to fix these.
There are so many different ways to produce sound on a PSP Wink
(10-24-2012, 06:59 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2012, 06:51 PM)digiadventures Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give us any info on status of music fixing ? Did the logs I provided gave any sort of hint or info what might be wrong ?

No, I haven't found anything yet for the method used by this game.

I've read about other games using sceAtracLowLevelDecode where the music is not looping. I think to be able to fix these.
There are so many different ways to produce sound on a PSP Wink

Ok when I posted debug logs I selected sceAudio and sceAtrac3plus because I know these one are connected to sound lol
If you think debug log of something other could help more,just let me know Smile
Lets hope when you fix sceAtracLowLevelDecode it might fix this game too,who knows...
(10-24-2012, 04:23 PM)digiadventures Wrote: [ -> ]I know its up to gid15 or other moderators choice to move the game or not,but I feel this game has been "playble" for some time.
I just extensive tested cutscenes after balmasusa ( or some similiar name lol ) masacre and another one after chapter 2 where game used to hang regurally and game does not hang anymore on latest revisions.
Also,it doesnt seem to freeze in battles anymore.( didnt test this much,only loaded first battle "almorica castle" 3 times ) Also,it didnt hang for me in older revision in battles either
However,it has annoying bug already mentioned many times where music stops very soon when same track is replayed,which is most of the time in this game.
But playble doesnt mean perfect or a lot of other games should be moved back here into "half playble" section.
But,if moving this game to playble section is going to make it less likely for gid15 to fix the music then it should stay here Big Grin

Hello, I want to know what revision are you using, because I've been testing the game, and it regulary hang, or freeze. About Balmamusa, or another part of the game, if you cut the scenes it's hard to hang.
On the other side,when you are in a battle, it might be better to take your time reading what they say, in order to evade freezes.

I'm using r2740, I also tried r2786, the last one is not going anywhere, probably for the settings.

Have a nice day, and thanks for your hard work ;D (sorry for my english or if i wasn't respectful)
(10-25-2012, 02:46 PM)Kertrei Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I want to know what revision are you using, because I've been testing the game, and it regulary hang, or freeze. About Balmamusa, or another part of the game, if you cut the scenes it's hard to hang.
On the other side,when you are in a battle, it might be better to take your time reading what they say, in order to evade freezes.

I'm using r2740, I also tried r2786, the last one is not going anywhere, probably for the settings.

Have a nice day, and thanks for your hard work ;D (sorry for my english or if i wasn't respectful)

Well I cant belive this,I just tested now again since you complained and it froze after chapter 2.
I tested this about 10 times just a few days ago not a single freeze.
This is so random that its really difficult to test.
I did update nvidia drivers,dont know if that has to do anything with it.
But,still,I have a solution,software render is your best option if you have problems passing certain cutscenes. It is slow,but can be turned on/off in the middle of the game.
I was sure this freezing was solved,I tested 10 times after balmasusa and 10 times after chapter 2 and it didnt freeze and now it did on second try.
Nay, the problem is when i'm in a fight, it regulary hang 1 on 3 battles, cutscenes aren't any problem if you skip them.
I tried software render before, but it didn't work. No idea if updating nvidia drivers would work.
Yep chapter 2 is the main problem, i'm in law path, and i can't get trough the multiple clerics fight.
I'm still tryng diferent things, I'll let you know if something happens (I pray my computer isn't getting on fire xD)

This is the one i currently have

r2740 video:

vertex cache
shaders
geometry shader
enable saving GE
CLUT
dinamic shader
disabled vertexinfo

tell me if you see something i shouldn't be using

Saludos!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38