EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - ULUS10565
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
The game is fully playable at this point?
Using 64 bit version of emulator fixes freezing at cutscenes,I tested numerous times with different options,not a single freeze both at the end of chapter 1 and chapter 2. Tried using 32 bit version ( same latest revision ) and it frooze first time.
64 bit version doesnt fix music cutting off unfortunately...
what version fix the AI problem?
The latest version is working nice for me ( ATI card )... before I have been using old version had no visible text
also tried to enter the castle and it worked

But the thing that disturbs me are those shiny background squares around people
anyone still have the AI problem ?
(01-05-2012, 01:45 AM)xDnz Wrote: [ -> ]anyone still have the AI problem ?

I have completed the game without AI problems last year...
As far as I can tell the freezing is caused by some kind of thread syncing issue. This would explain why the AI or scripted events seem to freeze at random, as threads would sync differently on different executions, or possibly when the emulator runs slowly. The game uses semaphores to coordinate threads, and in all likelihood, something isn't releasing the semaphore when it should (which could be anything). When the issue does occur one of the threads stops executing properly, yet is left in the list of executing threads. I didn't really look too deeply into this, so it may not even be this at all (I spent a lot of time tracing the threading code, not semaphores or mutexes). Really, we'd need TO's source code in order to debug it, and I've spent more time on this than I had wished to. I really just don't have the time to look into this, sorry guys Sad

I recommend buying the game (I know, such a cop out Wink), Matsuno needs our love!

Anyway, on to some different problems unrelated to TO. When you re-size a window, that is, you click the corner of the window and drag it (and don't use the re-size option in the menu) you can get some pretty severe graphical artifacts (if anyone can post a screenshot, please feel free). The problem comes from the texture resizedTexFb in sceDisplay.java. resizedTexFb uses the texture coordinates for texFb, when it should instead be using the coordinates for the ratio of the resized window dimensions to the texture dimensions (in the drawFrameBuffer method). 'Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory' will need to be off in order to see this.

And in copyScreenToPixels, videoEngine.getMaxSpriteHeight/getMaxSpriteWidth don't appear to be working properly for this game. Part of the screen tends to get cut off (unless GE screen to Textures is enabled). Using whatever their max allowable values would display the full screen.

Also, in executeCommandTRXKICK, when data is rendered directly to the OGL framebuffer, should somethingDisplayed be set to true?

Also, some of you may have noticed that some of the transparencies in the game are way off (definitely in the logo screen and the tarot screen). This is because the game uses alpha doubling for some reason, which is not fully supported in OGL's fixed pipeline. It works correctly in the shader.

Best of luck!
I've been trying for over a day now to run tactic ogre on the r2450.

I have managed to cut back on the AI fritzing out by setting the compiler maximum method size down to 100 while it hasn't stopped the AT from glitching out. It has allowed me to start from a save before it glitched out than continue through the fight a single fight or about four fights depending on how lucky it is before the compiler decides it going to error out on the script.

Hope this helps I mean it not much but at least I've made it a past Almorica castle and the golborza plains.
So I made it to the Necromancer's apprentice (I think that's what it was) where you save the Priest after getting your first batch of recruits and when the bird guy rejoins you, and then the Necro-dude tried to cast a spell and the game froze. (I imagine it was a rather flashy one) I deleted all my save files, reinstalled the emulator (64 bit, newest release - 2453) and it froze at the first fight (The actual fight, not the fake one with the paladin and his team.) outside the castle as soon as one of the guests tried to move.

Any thoughts?
no log = no thoughts. nobody here knows how the game works inside out and what could cause the crashing. lol

debug>tools>logger>show logger, then in the new window select INFO from the dropdown menu saying "choose log level". after that play the game, get to the crash and attach the log it created here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38