EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - ULUS10565
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
lht7891804,even if you can't find the configurations which will work for animations,remember you can always avoid black screen by pressing start/x as fast as you can ( to skip the animations )
This worked for me at the end of chapter 1 and chapter 2.
(11-12-2011, 10:33 AM)digiadventures Wrote: [ -> ]lht7891804,even if you can't find the configurations which will work for animations,remember you can always avoid black screen by pressing start/x as fast as you can ( to skip the animations )
This worked for me at the end of chapter 1 and chapter 2.

I tried that method already and still no luck. I even tried to quick save/snapshot/ start new game then load save file but I always encounter the same problem. Could you please post your configurations and which revision you use at the end of chapter 1?
I could skip the conversation with Leonar at the end of chapter one, which caused the emulator to froze, but I couldnt skip the final animation, where the massacre occurs. I mean, I skipped, but I got the black screen in the same way. It seems that everyone get a different result even with the same settings. Confused

lht, have you already tried with the settings I posted in the previous page?
I found another way to pass the AI stuck. From my experience, the AI stuck generally happens with a certain person in a certain map (ie First turn of Gildas in Amorika Castle). When this happens, the music begins to play slowly, right? When that happens, you should wait a few seconds before pressing X to pass his talking. The AI should work normally.
Also you can press triangle to bring on the interruption menu when you know that the AI will get stuck at some other part of the game; then you do the same, wait a few seconds before progressing with the game.
Skipping animations when massacre happens in Balmamusa worked for me. I used 2361 revision at that time,with vertex cashe,shaders,enable vao,saving ge screen enabled in video options,and method size was set to 50.
Later,near the end of chapter 2,I got another animation freeze. This was fixed for me by enabling "disable ubo" option.
If this still doesnt help you,you need to attach a log file. For me,error I got was "unknown video command"
That was fixed by disabling UBO and having shaders enabled
Before I checked "disable UBO" I managed to progress the game even if I got black screen after skipping animations. How ? Simple trying numerous times. I used quicksave before final blow in the battle and then just try again and again and eventully game continued. So that may be solution for chapter 1 if nothing alse works
(11-12-2011, 01:59 PM)Roryn Wrote: [ -> ]I could skip the conversation with Leonar at the end of chapter one, which caused the emulator to froze, but I couldnt skip the final animation, where the massacre occurs. I mean, I skipped, but I got the black screen in the same way. It seems that everyone get a different result even with the same settings. Confused

lht, have you already tried with the settings I posted in the previous page?

I could skip the conversation but not the massacre scene. I'll try using setting recommended by digiadventures and quick save for now. Hopefully it'll work.

Edit:

P.S: I was able to pass the massacre scene on 2nd try using digiadventures' setting without enabling shaders. First time I tried, shaders was enabled but I still couldn't get pass the scene. I also tested for a few more times and it works on every single try, skipping scene or not.
It seems to be pure luck, if one can get pass black screens or not.
My brother began to play a few days ago, and with the same settings I used to pass balmamusa's black screen he couldn't. Then I switched to digiadventure's settings and he couldnt pass either.

He managed to pass after many tries by doing a quicksave before the final hit in battle as digiadventure said and then skipping the animations.

What's funny is that in my game, when I first got to watch the scenes at balmamusa, I could watch then over and over again by loading the same data; and the same happened to lht.
The same happened to you too, digia? Since that, do you guys experienced any other black screen?
(11-13-2011, 10:22 PM)Roryn Wrote: [ -> ]What's funny is that in my game, when I first got to watch the scenes at balmamusa, I could watch then over and over again by loading the same data; and the same happened to lht.
The same happened to you too, digia? Since that, do you guys experienced any other black screen?

It's true,but for me this is not random. Strictly 2 options solve black screen problem for me: shaders+disable ubo. I tested this numerous times,both at balmamusa and later,near end of chapter 2 ( battle at rime ). If I changed these 2 options in any way,I would get black screen. If I leave them as described,I could always pass the animations without skipping,no black screen or any problem.
I am now in chapter 4 didnt have any black screen since chapter 2 when I discovered the fix for me.
So,because it seems these settings dont fix the problem for everybody,since this is video issue,I presume it has to do something with what gpu and what drivers you are using.
But if you do find combo of settings which works,stick with it,and you probably wont have any problem for the rest of the game Smile
(11-13-2011, 10:22 PM)Roryn Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to be pure luck, if one can get pass black screens or not.
My brother began to play a few days ago, and with the same settings I used to pass balmamusa's black screen he couldn't. Then I switched to digiadventure's settings and he couldnt pass either.

He managed to pass after many tries by doing a quicksave before the final hit in battle as digiadventure said and then skipping the animations.

What's funny is that in my game, when I first got to watch the scenes at balmamusa, I could watch then over and over again by loading the same data; and the same happened to lht.

This error is somewhat random at the very least. I got past the black screen at chapter 1 with enable shaders + disable ubo are UNCHECKED. I've tested several times and it works every time without having to skip scene. I'll test more once I get past chapter 2.
I finally got through the AI freeze on Almorica with the latest build, r2384 (i've made no setting changes since just replaced the builg). Now the only problems are the music stop playing and the big FPS drop on Status Menu and Naming (i was a pain to name my Army at about 8 FPS), any hint on how solve that? especially the slowdown on name input.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38