EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - ULUS10565
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(10-18-2011, 10:27 PM)Drake Wrote: [ -> ]My only reasoning for commenting out those lines was that it appears as though the game expects the thread to continue execution after sceKernelExtendThreadStack was called (there are instructions after the call that wouldn't be reachable otherwise). But it also could have been the case that the calling thread wasn't being exited correctly, or there was something else missing in sceKernelExtendThreadStack. Sorry, I got a little too excited since the game was actually going into battles.

@hyakki
I don't believe the AI bug is related since I can start a new game and get past the castle battle (while loading from a save never seems to work). I've gotten to the battle where you have to save the exorcist. The bug also seems to manifest when the emulator is running slowly, and in other battles.

Btw, a developer might want to check out contextSwitch(): the call to executePendingCallbacks() doesn't appear to do anything (you might also want to check for null threads), and the call to checkThreadCallbacks() will only add callbacks to pending, since they are called from the thread doing the switch, I believe.

Also, in sceDisplay.java, resizedTexFb appears to be using the wrong texture coordinates when it is being drawn to the opengl framebuffer. It uses the coordinates for texFb, which is determined relative to the PSP's display area, when it should be using coordinates relative to the resized dimensions and the dimensions of the texture itself.

you're right just tried from scratch (with the line commented) and its possible to complete that battle as long as its not loaded from a save, interestingly enough in the next battles after the castle you can load from a save and the ai will still work (but it still needs those lines commented out) perhaps its only the castle battle that messes up from the saves.
I tried a save in that same battle where Canopus joins you, and it froze near the end (yeah, I had hoped it was only in that first battle too). It might not always appear in some cases.

The "bg thread 0" thread seems to be related. It starts running near where the issue occurs in the Almorica Castle battle, and eventually stops if the issue didn't occur. Otherwise, it is continually switched in, but is switched out before running.

If I find anything pertinent I'll definitely post it here.
Can anyone please post modified,working version of the emulator for us mortals who dont know anything about programing and compiling etc ? Smile
Drake,as far as I understand,game is playable even using save,as long as you load couple of times,since AI doesnt always freeze ?
Did you try saving and loading via the emulator instead of saving the normal way through game ? Saving that way is more buggy but it works in most of the games,its worth a shoot ? I tried it in tactics ogre and sound is messed up when game is loaded,but maybe it will fix the AI bug ?
I have submitted new findings for sceKernelExtendThreadStack in r2361. Call you try again and post an updated log?
in r2361 now it gets past the black screen but the ai locks up when loading from a saved game (at the castle) and shows now loading in the bottom right.

When starting a new game the ai works fine , so the save bug is still present, however if you beat this battle from new game then you can save after for a few more battles before the ai messes up again.

AI is not always locks up when you load from save file. Just tried,it happened in 1 of 3. Other 2 times battle continues normally. The problem is there but it's not constant.

btw is sound disappearing is well known issue? Like in battles, background music just stops after 2 minutes, when u change location or battle ends music plays again.
I actually don't think its the save that's breaking the AI, because you can save the game, then right after select the load option to reload the save, the game will still work, its only until the game is restarted (or loaded from the main menu) that the ai breaks, so either something on the main menu is breaking the game or its something not being loaded properly that only gets loaded when starting a new game.

A temporary workaround I found is first start a new game skip all the intro and dialogs (Start - X) and get to the map then press start -> Data -> load then load your previous game where the AI was broken before, the AI should work again now and you can continue on.
I noticed strange thing. When you start emulator via JPCSP launcher and load save, AI locks up always. When you start emu via bat file and load save AI works fine and locks up very rarely.
(10-19-2011, 04:43 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]I have submitted new findings for sceKernelExtendThreadStack in r2361. Call you try again and post an updated log?

Thank you for fixing this so fast. Only issues that now remain are AI bug which everybody mentions,however its not game breaker since if you start the game then load it works fine. I cant post the log since its 16mb now,it always repeats
GUI
WARN
ge Texture mipmap with invalid dimension at level 1: (512x512)@0x041C0BA0 -> (512x512)@0x041C0BA0

WARN
ge
... and this invalid Texture mipmap will be used with mipmap_mode=1, mipmap_bias=1

for thousand of times..
But when AI crash it repeats this
AUDIO MIXER THREAD
INFO
hle.sceAtrac3plus
Replaying atrac loop atracID=0, loopStart=7, loopEnd=112434

(10-19-2011, 11:44 PM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]I actually don't think its the save that's breaking the AI, because you can save the game, then right after select the load option to reload the save, the game will still work, its only until the game is restarted (or loaded from the main menu) that the ai breaks, so either something on the main menu is breaking the game or its something not being loaded properly that only gets loaded when starting a new game.

A temporary workaround I found is first start a new game skip all the intro and dialogs (Start - X) and get to the map then press start -> Data -> load then load your previous game where the AI was broken before, the AI should work again now and you can continue on.

This works for me,thanks !
So happy and proud of you all, good work (till now). Thanks bros, my dream became real, i realy like this game, since GBA version
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38