EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Help with JoyToKey and JPCSP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've gotten Crisis Core to work on JPCSP with sound, with a bit of fiddling. The wall I've run into is that I can't seem to get JoyToKey to recognize my PS2 controller plugged into a USB adapter. I'm running Windows 7 32-bit. I've tried a few different versions of J2K, and while I can get the mouse functions to work with the controller just fine, it won't do just about anything else. The keyboard controls work fine as well, but I'd rather not be stuck to my keyboard playing a console game.

Tried calibrating J2K 4.6, with no response. Help? Huh
(02-12-2011, 10:56 PM)daimyn Wrote: [ -> ]I've gotten Crisis Core to work on JPCSP with sound, with a bit of fiddling. The wall I've run into is that I can't seem to get JoyToKey to recognize my PS2 controller plugged into a USB adapter. I'm running Windows 7 32-bit. I've tried a few different versions of J2K, and while I can get the mouse functions to work with the controller just fine, it won't do just about anything else. The keyboard controls work fine as well, but I'd rather not be stuck to my keyboard playing a console game.

Tried calibrating J2K 4.6, with no response. Help? Huh

Why are you using JoyToKey when you can use Xpadder?

By that I mean Xpadder is million times better.
Get a PC gamepad. While those PS2-to-USB adapters work fine under Windows XP, they don't work under Windows Vista/7 without proper drivers. Xpadder won't help since the problem lies with the new driver architecture in Vista/7 which causes those PS2-to-USB adapters to barf unless you install the drivers. If your particular PS2-to-USB adapter is supported, you can try the drivers from here: http://www.reabo.co.uk/_tutorials/usbadaptervista.aspx
@Mo0n: Because the website I tried downloading Xpadder from appeared to need a subscription to download it, and I haven't tried downloading it from anywhere else yet.

@Itaru: Thanks man. I tried the driver with no success; looks like we'll have to go shopping at some point, heh.

ETA: Might it work on MacOSX Snow Leopard, by chance? We're running Boot Camp, and all our other emulation shit is on the Windows partition, but I hadn't given much thought to trying it on the Mac partition yet.
(02-13-2011, 05:16 PM)daimyn Wrote: [ -> ]@Mo0n: Because the website I tried downloading Xpadder from appeared to need a subscription to download it, and I haven't tried downloading it from anywhere else yet.

@Itaru: Thanks man. I tried the driver with no success; looks like we'll have to go shopping at some point, heh.

Google better, search for YouTube tutorials and so on. You are sure to find it with ease.
(02-13-2011, 05:18 PM)Mo0nwalker Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2011, 05:16 PM)daimyn Wrote: [ -> ]@Mo0n: Because the website I tried downloading Xpadder from appeared to need a subscription to download it, and I haven't tried downloading it from anywhere else yet.

Google better, search for YouTube tutorials and so on. You are sure to find it with ease.

Xpadder still isn't going to fix my problem if the issue is with Windows 7.
I use xpadder with jpcsp and other emulators and it works fine.
But since few days, xpadder don't work with jpcsp.
After many manipulations, I have found the problem.
The jpcsp launcher block the xinput of xpadder, do you use the jpcsp ??
If true, use the regular script and the xinput should be ok.
J2K4.5.3+Windows7x64 worked quite well for me...