EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Question about encrypted games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've several UMD games that I want to try with JPCSP and one of them is Rocky Balboa. So, I've dumped an ISO image from it to try it on the emulator, but when I click 'run', the emulator gives me a message saying:

'This game has been encrypted by the software publisher.
Such games cannot be loaded by JPCSP. They have to be decrypted on a real PSP.'

Well, I have a real PSP and the original disc. And I can play the ISO file in my PSP, but not in jpcsp. My question here is: how can I decrypt this game to try it on your emulator? (please PM me if you don't want to answer here).

I'm against piracy aswell, please, don't ban me for asking. I just want to take some game snapshots from the game using the emulator, and won't distribute my licensed copy of the game.
(01-14-2011, 06:43 PM)rcoltrane Wrote: [ -> ]I've several UMD games that I want to try with JPCSP and one of them is Rocky Balboa. So, I've dumped an ISO image from it to try it on the emulator, but when I click 'run', the emulator gives me a message saying:

Well, I have a real PSP and the original disc. And I can play the ISO file in my PSP, but not in jpcsp. My question here is: how can I decrypt this game to try it on your emulator? (please PM me if you don't want to answer here).

I'm against piracy aswell, please, don't ban me for asking. I just want to take some game snapshots from the game using the emulator, and won't distribute my licensed copy of the game.

Google for prxdecrypter ...
(01-14-2011, 07:02 PM)Darth1701 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2011, 06:43 PM)rcoltrane Wrote: [ -> ]I've several UMD games that I want to try with JPCSP and one of them is Rocky Balboa. So, I've dumped an ISO image from it to try it on the emulator, but when I click 'run', the emulator gives me a message saying:

Google for prxdecrypter ...

Thanks a lot Darth1701, it's working now! Well, at least until the Memorystick screen because when I hit 'X' to continue, it freezes the emulation. I'll submit a log to the dev team from this game.