EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Shaders don't work for me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Been a while since anyone brought up this issue. I know it's the holidays and all but it seems it was forgotten all together.
(12-24-2010, 09:47 PM)Kai3213 Wrote: [ -> ]Been a while since anyone brought up this issue. I know it's the holidays and all but it seems it was forgotten all together.
Hi,

no it's not forgotten! From the different log files you provided, I think I know what has to be done (i.e. shader templates)... but this requires a quite large amount of work. Anyway, this is a feature on my TODO list as it will help all shader implementations, not just older cards.
But do not expect a significant performance improvement with shaders on your graphic card: older cards usually do not have a lot of parallel processors available for shaders... Sad
(12-26-2010, 04:05 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2010, 09:47 PM)Kai3213 Wrote: [ -> ]Been a while since anyone brought up this issue. I know it's the holidays and all but it seems it was forgotten all together.
Hi,

no it's not forgotten! From the different log files you provided, I think I know what has to be done (i.e. shader templates)... but this requires a quite large amount of work. Anyway, this is a feature on my TODO list as it will help all shader implementations, not just older cards.
But do not expect a significant performance improvement with shaders on your graphic card: older cards usually do not have a lot of parallel processors available for shaders... :(

Well that's good to know. Yea I wasn't expecting a speed boost from the shaders, the lighting in some games like Crisis Core are a bit too bright for my tastes. Not a bit deal but it would be nice if everything wasn't glowing like a kryptonite :D
(12-26-2010, 04:05 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]no it's not forgotten! From the different log files you provided, I think I know what has to be done (i.e. shader templates)... but this requires a quite large amount of work. Anyway, this is a feature on my TODO list as it will help all shader implementations, not just older cards.
Shader templates have been implemented in r2005. Kai, could you test it and post a log file, I expect some errors at my first try Wink
(03-07-2011, 08:07 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2010, 04:05 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]no it's not forgotten! From the different log files you provided, I think I know what has to be done (i.e. shader templates)... but this requires a quite large amount of work. Anyway, this is a feature on my TODO list as it will help all shader implementations, not just older cards.
Shader templates have been implemented in r2005. Kai, could you test it and post a log file, I expect some errors at my first try Wink

Here you go. You were right about the errors Big Grin
New shaders log Big Grin
I lol'd at your sig Kai. ^_^ But on topic has anyone gotten the invisible bug with shaders on?
Pages: 1 2 3