EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Run UMD discs straight from a PC-DVD drive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just want to know if it would be possible to this emulator to have an option where you could select your DVD drive instead of an .iso image to play games straight from an UMD disc inserted in the drive. So we could play original UMD discs instead of ripped files.

I know the discs are encrypted, it's just a question...
(10-15-2010, 11:45 AM)rcoltrane Wrote: [ -> ]I just want to know if it would be possible to this emulator to have an option where you could select your DVD drive instead of an .iso image to play games straight from an UMD disc inserted in the drive. So we could play original UMD discs instead of ripped files.

I know the discs are encrypted, it's just a question...

You're not going to give that up very easily, do you? IIRC Orphis stated that the UMD drive uses a different wave length so your CD/DVD drive won't be able to read a thing because it can't focus on the disc.

My suggestion: Buy a older PSP 1000 model at Ebay or so, install a CFW and you can rip all your games via USB.