EmuNewz Network

Full Version: My PC can run JPSCP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
uhm. You can help me on Jpscp 0.5?
My PC as follows :
- pentium® 4 CPU 2.40GHz
- RAM 1GB
- Nvidia Geforce4 MX 4000 - 128MB
...- windows XP SP 2
can play games like Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core is not?
The question isn't can you play them, but is your computer powerful enough to hold the emulator. I am no professional, but I think that MAYBE your computer has enough power
taken from the project page http://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/
System Requirements
Minimum

* Windows 32bit or 64bit / Linux 32bit or 64bit / Mac OSX
* CPU: Pentium 4 and up
* GPU: Any graphic card supporting OpenGL 2.0 and up
* 1GB RAM

Recommended

* Windows Vista / Windows 7 (use Jpcsp 32bit even on 64bit OS to have sound and video support)
* CPU: Dual core @ 2.5 GHz
* GPU: Always install the latest drivers
* 2GB RAM or more

anyways will be slow if it works. and might have to drop the vm size in the ini from 1024 to 256 or 512
(09-14-2010, 08:07 AM)kazuma Wrote: [ -> ]uhm. You can help me on Jpscp 0.5?
My PC as follows :
- pentium® 4 CPU 2.40GHz
- RAM 1GB
- Nvidia Geforce4 MX 4000 - 128MB
...- windows XP SP 2
can play games like Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core is not?

I'm pretty sure you will be not happy with that configuration. My second testing PC is a bit fast then your configuration (2,4 vs. 2,8 Ghz) and I really only use it to test general work (if a game shows something or not).

It's really slow on games and most of the time I only get 1-5 fps. It may be enough for just testing but nothing more. Furthermore I'm not sure if your graphics card even supports OpenGL 2.0, a requirement for JPCSP.

So to conclude it I would say: Run: maybe, play: no
So how powerful comp do you need to actually play something with jpscp? 3.0ghz processor? 3.5? 4!?!?

Is it even possible to have something running 90+% speed of the normal psp? If you can then how expensive is such comp? I'm planning to buy new computer so I'm interested how much I have to pay. Huh
My computer, in my little country, costs about 430$, and i play Bleach: Heat the Soul 1-5 Fullspeed (NOT FULL FPS!!!)
stick with the Recommended settings if you want to run the game smooth. Min req means that it will work but slow as hell. i have a P4 3.0ghz 2GB ram nvidia 7100GS and Bleach - heat the soul 2 runs at 10 FPS and it sux.

I dont think its worthy to buy a new pc just to play these games, but if u want to be sure what compu suit u the best, try testing the emulator with a some games on pc stores.
Okay, I quess I can't run psp games on pc full speed so I'll just buy as good as I can and stop worrying about this. Undecided

I have been looking at "Core i3 530, 2.93 GHz, LGA1156, 4MB"
2 cores and 2.93ghz, I hope that allows some sort of emulating with jpscp.
(10-03-2010, 04:01 PM)epic707 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I quess I can't run psp games on pc full speed so I'll just buy as good as I can and stop worrying about this. Undecided

Instead of buying a new pc, why don't you buy more game for your psp (or a real psp if you don't have one)?
(10-03-2010, 05:20 PM)Kai3213 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2010, 04:01 PM)epic707 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I quess I can't run psp games on pc full speed so I'll just buy as good as I can and stop worrying about this. Undecided

Instead of buying a new pc, why don't you buy more game for your psp (or a real psp if you don't have one)?

I'm buying new pc because of pc games mainly, but getting psp emulator to work would be nice bonus.
Pages: 1 2