EmuNewz Network

Full Version: JPCSP x86 VS x64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Same Settings, same rev and same Java.

For some reason, x86 is more fast and less lag than x64 to me (why Huh)

I tested with some revs r2394, 2419 and both has the same problem.

I am using Jave 6 update 30 (I have both x86 and x64 instaled)

Did I miss something?

x64 version, need something else to work well?
64bit java seems to work a lot better on quad core cpu's for some reason (in my tests), also sometimes the laggy feeling can come from the Enable Only GE setting other then that maybe increase the xmx value since 64bit can use alot more ram..

I Only problem with Java 64 the Soound is some times jumping and some slowdown compared With Java 32bits

But on some test is the best Perfomance

Compilerperf.pbp
Java 32 480% vs Java 64bits 580-600%

(12-29-2011, 03:04 PM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]64bit java seems to work a lot better on quad core cpu's for some reason (in my tests), also sometimes the laggy feeling can come from the Enable Only GE setting other then that maybe increase the xmx value since 64bit can use alot more ram..

I can't increase the xmx value.

I got this error [attachment=7712]using xmx = 3072 or 2048 (JPCSP Launcher v1.6.0.4)

And with the System profile CPU SSE4,1 + - 4GB, I got this [attachment=7713]
Perhaps the path you have Jpcsp in is the problem, try to move it up to a higher directory like c:\emulators\Jpcsp

I don't see anything wrong with the first screenshot looks like a normal game error?

besides for that close any other programs that use a lot of ram , when you set the xmx value to 3072 (3gb), 2048 (2gb) java expects to fully allocate that much in the physical ram so if it's not available then you can run into issues, since you only have 4gb of ram then I assume windows and other programs are using 1-2+ gigs already (depending on what services and programs are running)