EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Compiled without issue in Linux Mint
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The first time I tried to build rpcs3 it failed because I'm mildly illiterate and used subversion. After checking it out with git and initializing as instructed it compiled without error and runs all of the elf files included just fine.

Just though I'd mention it here in case anyone was wondering how linux compatability was coming along. I'll try to load some games when I get home from work today. Thanks for the hard work guys.
(08-12-2014, 02:12 PM)StormFarther Wrote: [ -> ]The first time I tried to build rpcs3 it failed because I'm mildly illiterate and used subversion. After checking it out with git and initializing as instructed it compiled without error and runs all of the elf files included just fine.

Just though I'd mention it here in case anyone was wondering how linux compatability was coming along. I'll try to load some games when I get home from work today. Thanks for the hard work guys.

Well this is good news. If it ever stops building / running stuff, make sure you file a bug! Thanks for the feedback!
It doesn't run commercial games does it? (or something heavier than the basic samples) Like Disgaea or something? I thought that was always broken on Linux.
Happy to report that it does indeed run Disgaea 3 (blus30181 version). Runs at about 2.5 to 3 fps in game so I didn't go all the way to the first battle but there were no crashes or lock ups. I did have to open that nis self file with the built in loader to get out of the loading screen but that worked as expected. I'm using a w530 thinkpad with an optimo forced to Nvidia card only.
Great! Can you provide some in-game screenshots from linux?
(08-13-2014, 11:42 AM)StormFarther Wrote: [ -> ]Happy to report that it does indeed run Disgaea 3 (blus30181 version). Runs at about 2.5 to 3 fps in game so I didn't go all the way to the first battle but there were no crashes or lock ups. I did have to open that nis self file with the built in loader to get out of the loading screen but that worked as expected. I'm using a w530 thinkpad with an optimo forced to Nvidia card only.

2,5 - 3 fps?

I haven't seen a single person get > 1 fps in that part of the game in recent builds on Windows. Linux performance is indeed really impressive sometimes...
@ssshadow and NekotekinaHito,

I get off work in about 3 hours and will post some screenshots. After reviewing the other thread about disgaea 3 it looks like I'm getting 1 to 2 extra fps so I wonder if this due to the recent build, the quadro gpu, or debian itself. I thought at first it was because I had the resolution on minimum and the audio on null but it looks like some of the other user were also doing that and still only getting ~1 fps.

If it is because of the os will you guys drop windows support? (jk dont flame me)
(08-13-2014, 07:33 PM)StormFarther Wrote: [ -> ]@ssshadow and NekotekinaHito,

I get off work in about 3 hours and will post some screenshots. After reviewing the other thread about disgaea 3 it looks like I'm getting 1 to 2 extra fps so I wonder if this due to the recent build, the quadro gpu, or debian itself. I thought at first it was because I had the resolution on minimum and the audio on null but it looks like some of the other user were also doing that and still only getting ~1 fps.

If it is because of the os will you guys drop windows support? (jk dont flame me)

And what CPU?
Had some free time at work so I loaded disgaea up for a second. It stays pretty steady at 2 to 2.4 fps in the first room (the only time it goes below 2 is when the dialogue first starts and it briefly goes down to around 1.8) and in the stairwell and beyond I get around 0.3 fps more with occasional spikes that take me to 2.7 to 3.0 fps. When I get more time I'll look deeper into the game. Hoping to at least get to the first battle and take some screenshots. I might add that I did get my first freeze just now when I alt+tabbed to a folder.

@flashmozzg
It's an I7, i think either a 3920 or a 3820
hopefully my attachments came through because they're not showing up in preview
[attachment=17291]
[attachment=17292]
[attachment=17293]
[attachment=17294]
(08-13-2014, 09:06 PM)StormFarther Wrote: [ -> ]@flashmozzg
It's an I7, i think either a 3920 or a 3820
hopefully my attachments came through because they're not showing up in preview

Clock? If it's 6-core (3930) that might be the reason behind high fps.
Pages: 1 2