EmuNewz Network

Full Version: rpcs3.net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ah right, it's more for the general public as well ofcourse, and saying it runs commercial games will only result in more people asking why this and that game doesn't run Big Grin

By the way, i see there is an option to enable 'recompiler' in the rpcs3 settings, but i haven't read anything about the recompiler? I thought it was still being developed and not implemented? When i try recompiler rpcs3 crashes by the way, which may be due to the fact that i have an old cpu (amd phenom ii x4 955) which only support SSE 2.0
for the recompiler you need SSE 4
(07-14-2014, 04:11 PM)Cold_Rock Wrote: [ -> ]Ah right, it's more for the general public as well ofcourse, and saying it runs commercial games will only result in more people asking why this and that game doesn't run Big Grin

By the way, i see there is an option to enable 'recompiler' in the rpcs3 settings, but i haven't read anything about the recompiler? I thought it was still being developed and not implemented? When i try recompiler rpcs3 crashes by the way, which may be due to the fact that i have an old cpu (amd phenom ii x4 955) which only support SSE 2.0

At a basic level the cell processor has two different kind of cores with different instruction sets and such. The recompiler that exists is for the SPU cores, and the recompiler that I have no idea what is happening with is for the PPU cores, which is more like a normal IBM power core for general stuff. The PPU interpreter is probably a massive performance bottleneck.
Pages: 1 2