EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Disgaea 3 - Playable by how much?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've seen videos of the game slowly starting, but never of anyone actually playing in-game (except maybe selecting 'start' on the title screen). So my questioning is, does it work and how far? If no, what are some of the problems that the debugger complains about? I can't test rpcs3 now, my computer fried and my other one is too weak to test, so that's why I'm asking here about some notable issues.
(04-26-2014, 06:55 PM)flashmozzg Wrote: [ -> ]Look up this thread http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....20&page=13

I did. There's no specific details there, just back and fourths about the recompiler and such.
The game is not really playable for a couple of reasons. While I suppose you can technically run it from start to end as there are no longer any random freezing or OpenGL errors, the problems are:

* Missing graphics, no character sprites, missing UI elements, etc.
* Broken graphics, incorrect textures, z-fighting from hell...
* Broken input, you can barely move around properly, completely forget about the menus.
* Almost no sound.
* Horribly slow, <= 2 fps on the fastest overclocked Haswell.

So no, until someone works on the input (probably the easiest to fix), debugs the shit out of RSX, and writes that PPU recompiler, I wouldn't bother much. It is of course awesome that it even gets this far, but especially the z-fighting would make any video mostly a mess of flickering black.
(04-26-2014, 08:17 PM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Until someone works on the input (probably the easiest to fix)

What exactly is wrong with the input again? (And do any easier loadable games exhibit issues with this?)
(04-27-2014, 08:20 AM)derpf Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2014, 08:17 PM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Until someone works on the input (probably the easiest to fix)

What exactly is wrong with the input again? (And do any easier loadable games exhibit issues with this?)

Arkedo 2 has the same issue at least. If you press right (or any other direction) it never registers actually releasing, so you keep going to the right with the cursor/character. But it does work if you hold down cross, circle, etc at the same time. But by themselves these only work sometimes, perhaps when pressing two buttons at once, not sure.

Basically, input is in general only registered sometimes, and most buttons only seem to work when held down together with other buttons.
Pretty sure I fixed this with this PR but if one of you guys could test it, that would be awesome.
For reasons that frustrate me, I cannot get SWAP loading/working again. (Think my debug build is just too slow, meh.) It fixes it for me on some sample stuff, though, and it seems solid to me. (Funny, before I thought the samples just switched states every few seconds after you press a button -- turns out the input was just wrong. Oh well.)
(04-27-2014, 12:44 PM)derpf Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure I fixed this with this PR but if one of you guys could test it, that would be awesome.
For reasons that frustrate me, I cannot get SWAP loading/working again. (Think my debug build is just too slow, meh.) It fixes it for me on some sample stuff, though, and it seems solid to me. (Funny, before I thought the samples just switched states every few seconds after you press a button -- turns out the input was just wrong. Oh well.)

yeaah, now it's working fine! Thank you for fix! =)
(04-27-2014, 12:44 PM)derpf Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure I fixed this with this PR but if one of you guys could test it, that would be awesome.

Oh yes, that makes all the difference. Great Smile
(04-26-2014, 06:31 PM)mushroom Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen videos of the game slowly starting, but never of anyone actually playing in-game (except maybe selecting 'start' on the title screen). So my questioning is, does it work and how far? If no, what are some of the problems that the debugger complains about? I can't test rpcs3 now, my computer fried and my other one is too weak to test, so that's why I'm asking here about some notable issues.

You wanted playing, so here is playing:

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid209250

(Scroll down, the next post also has battles)

Look in this video , there is still an issue in battle where the cursor always wants to go down for some reason... I can't say for sure if it's the d-pad or one of the analog sticks that's doing it though. However since the d-pad can be used to fight against it, maybe it's the analog sticks.

Still,your fix made it possible to get this far, which was just impossible before Smile
Pages: 1 2 3