EmuNewz Network

Full Version: can you play jpcsp online???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey there my bro and i have a psp and i have a jpcsp emulator, he wants to know if he can play sonic rivals 2 online mutly against each other, cause it would be awesome if you can Smile
To answer your question, no you can't because JPCSP has no online support (yet). It might get that in the future, who knows.
JPCSP has working network infrastructure support so it can connect to the Internet, but ad-hoc support hasn't been implemented yet. Unfortunately, ad-hoc support is what PSP games use for online play, so at the moment JPCSP doesn't support online play.
I didn't know it could connect to the actual internet as I see nothing in the UI to suggest that. Not that I would like to use JPCSP as an internet browser, but still Tongue
You can run the demo net.pbp which can actually ping google, and the homebrew software CTorrentPSP works in JPCSP. CTorrentPSP even works faster in JPCSP compared to an actual PSP according to gid15. But for games this feature is kinda useless since no PSP games (that I know of) make use of network infrastructure support.
so you can't play multiplayer am i correct?? by the way what where you telling me about ad-hoc, what is ad-hoc?
Ad-hoc is the method that psp uses to connect with another psp to play games in more players and other stuff.
It's like a Lan connection but without cables
okay so when do you recon JPCSP will be able to play against a psp?
when the devs decide to reverse engineer it and implement into the emulator, which can be anywhere from today to 10 years from now. lol

it probably won't happen anytime soon though, there are more important things to do for now, like fixing the savegame encryption format to actually work, finishing the reversing of the at3+ sound format and implementing it not to require sonicstage or implementing the dlc support.
lol i was hoping they'd do it after christmas XD but thanks for the info guys Smile
Pages: 1 2