EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Congratulations on getting SWAP to work!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How did it happen? I mean a few weeks ago I saw discussions mentioning Disgaea's intro video ... and boom! Commercial game fully executed and playable (for the most part). If I would say so, the graphics look almost identical to the actual PS3's RSX output, with a few imperfections.

I think I'll download the latest version of RPCS3 and see if I can get the game to run decently on my rig.

By the way, how's the dynamic recompiler going? Hoping to see SWAP at full speed soon, and a few other titles over the coming months.

I can help with whatever if you want me to ... (RSX, dynarec, LLE/HLE, encryption/decryption, sound, etc.) I did a few contribs to PCSX2 a few years ago.
Having tested several games, the biggest things preventing a lot of commercial games from proceeding any further seems to be missing gcm and spurs commands (correct me if i'm wrong though), so you could always look at that.

There are of course several random bugs one could hack away at. Many games randomly crash, write to null block, etc. Disgaea 3 is one example.

But yes, that swap runs so well tells me that the basic stuff must be pretty solid, although again, missing spurs commands puts the audio thread in some infinite loop for example.
(03-08-2014, 09:30 PM)AlexAltea Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2014, 09:17 PM)Chalking Fenterbyte Wrote: [ -> ]How did it happen? I mean a few weeks ago I saw discussions mentioning Disgaea's intro video ... and boom! Commercial game fully executed and playable (for the most part). If I would say so, the graphics look almost identical to the actual PS3's RSX output, with a few imperfections.

I think I'll download the latest version of RPCS3 and see if I can get the game to run decently on my rig.

By the way, how's the dynamic recompiler going? Hoping to see SWAP at full speed soon, and a few other titles over the coming months.

I can help with whatever if you want me to ... (RSX, dynarec, LLE/HLE, encryption/decryption, sound, etc.) I did a few contribs to PCSX2 a few years ago.

I'm actually as surprised as you are. I assume Arkedo made a very simple (but good-looking) game engine based in PNG sprites, some basic animation stuff and didn't use a lot of SysCalls and GCM commands... just the necessary to make everything working. As far as I know, they didn't use the SPUs either since they didn't need them. Anyway, I think the result is really surprising. Big Grin

If you or other people want to help with something in RPCS3, have a look at this: https://github.com/DHrpcs3/rpcs3/wiki/Roadmap

i think the roadmap should be updated
(03-08-2014, 10:26 PM)AlexAltea Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2014, 09:57 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: [ -> ]i think the roadmap should be updated

It's pretty much up to date afaik, even if it doesn't look like that.

well i just thought that there was no progress on GCM and RSX for quite some time