EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - usa - ULKS-46155
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(01-07-2013, 10:32 PM)Lollercoaster Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, about to do another test with the latest shit and recommended settings. Will update this post when I'm done.

JPCSP: r2956
Java: 6u38, 7u10 and 8, all x32 and x64

I'm running on a quadcore Asus notebook with windows 7.

Question - Is it helpful to have both the x32 and x64 bit java's in playing the game, or would I be better off just uninstalling the x32's?

Also, would the Japanese Sonicstage work, or is it strictly compatible only with the English release? The game is Japanese after all...

I'm using the latest Java Runtime Environment that's available in x64 flavor only. No Java Runtime Environment x86 at all here.

And you don't need the Japanese SonicStage Sound Studio in order to play the game, if it's the Japanese version of the game you got.
I'm using the "latest" (2007) 4.3 version which was the last made. They made a couple of updates for the Japanese audience after 4.3 but it's nothing of interest to anyone seeking to play games in Jpcsp + you have to have Japanese installed as the language.

In other news, I decided to revert back to the version I used to complete SotN with because the slowdowns is unbearable.
Last test didn't go so well.

Just did another test with r2984 using recommended settings, and Java 7u11 and the latest java 8, both 64 bit. Updated my video drivers and other stuff too.

Still laggy with messed up graphics in some places. Not playable.
(01-11-2013, 01:24 PM)Duke Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2013, 10:32 PM)Lollercoaster Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, about to do another test with the latest shit and recommended settings. Will update this post when I'm done.

JPCSP: r2956
Java: 6u38, 7u10 and 8, all x32 and x64

I'm running on a quadcore Asus notebook with windows 7.

Question - Is it helpful to have both the x32 and x64 bit java's in playing the game, or would I be better off just uninstalling the x32's?

Also, would the Japanese Sonicstage work, or is it strictly compatible only with the English release? The game is Japanese after all...

I'm using the latest Java Runtime Environment that's available in x64 flavor only. No Java Runtime Environment x86 at all here.

And you don't need the Japanese SonicStage Sound Studio in order to play the game, if it's the Japanese version of the game you got.
I'm using the "latest" (2007) 4.3 version which was the last made. They made a couple of updates for the Japanese audience after 4.3 but it's nothing of interest to anyone seeking to play games in Jpcsp + you have to have Japanese installed as the language.

In other news, I decided to revert back to the version I used to complete SotN with because the slowdowns is unbearable.

Any idea what version that was? Was it the one you linked earlier that still had slowdown? Strange that a PS1 port has more performance issues than the full blown remake. Tongue
The issues i was having with CotN inside this game are all gone ^^ My tx to the dev team ^^
Here are my results after testing this game in rev 3040 32bit, Windows XP, Java 7 32 bit
Played from start to finish, game didnt crash or have noticeable issues performance wise.

Now for the bug section:

- Everytime you start a mission the FPS drops to 1 or 2 ( depending on the cpu you have ), the reason I see is that the water effect of the letters are causing the game to render n instances of the screen. I see in the lower left corner the same screen being drew over and over. This problem didn't had the older revisions.

- First stage ( the city on fires ) is rendered wrong when using GE graphics, the background is black.

- Some dialogues hangs the game until you press start to skip it, i.e. the encounter between Maria and Shaft when you fight 4 bosses before him.

That's all, thanks Jpcsp team for your hard work!

UPDATE: I narrowed the changeset that caused the huge FPS drop when playing the intro text of the levels and its 2481. I mean in revision 2480 there is no such slowdown but after having this commit applied:
"Improved caching of textures in VRAM: textures stored in VRAM can now be cached
as normal textures. They are automatically deleted from the cache if the GE area
is overlapping the texture." you get the slowdown. Hopefully some dev can look at it.
(03-09-2013, 11:50 PM)warrians Wrote: [ -> ]The issues i was having with CotN inside this game are all gone ^^ My tx to the dev team ^^

All gone? What do you mean? What build are you using?
(03-17-2013, 04:21 PM)Foffykins Wrote: [ -> ]All gone? What do you mean? What build are you using?

By the way, you really can`t use any revisions below 3000 at least, because you will get Out of Memory Errors in this and other games, I am trying to find in which exactly rev this problem was fixed. In case someones wants to help is in between 2950 and 3000.
After many hours of browsing the source and the Changesets I finally found the cause of the huge FPS drops and is this line of code:

Code:
4554         -     // No need to reload or check the texture cache if no texture parameter
    4552     +     if (display.isGeAddress(context.texture_base_pointer[0])) {
    4553     +     textureChanged = true;
    4554     +     // wait for rendering completion when using the current GE as a texture...
    4555     +     re.waitForRenderingCompletion();
    4556     +     }
    4557     +     
    4558     +     // No need to reload or check the texture cache if no texture parameter

I reverted that part, compiled and uploaded, so anyone can test it out too:

mediafiredotcom/?b21w3x7zpof9i8i "also the reason why I got banned by Akismet"

This is a modified JPCSP 3055 revision preconfigured with best settings for Castlevania the Dracula X Chronicles.

List of Changes:
Reverted some code from Changeset 2481
Which "fix" the Huge FPS drops when loading the Intro Texts at the start of the levels.

NOTE: Bear in mind this custom revision is aimed for best performance for ONLY the Main Game and not the Original Games ( Rondo of Blood and SoTN)
NOTE2: Can some Moderator unban my Marcelo_20xx account which got banned by the damn Akismet plz....sigh!
(03-18-2013, 12:49 AM)Marcelo-20XX Wrote: [ -> ]After many hours of browsing the source and the Changesets I finally found the cause of the huge FPS drops and is this line of code:

Code:
4554         -     // No need to reload or check the texture cache if no texture parameter
    4552     +     if (display.isGeAddress(context.texture_base_pointer[0])) {
    4553     +     textureChanged = true;
    4554     +     // wait for rendering completion when using the current GE as a texture...
    4555     +     re.waitForRenderingCompletion();
    4556     +     }
    4557     +     
    4558     +     // No need to reload or check the texture cache if no texture parameter
Doesn't the option "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" help for such cases?
Its helps a little but the huge slowdown is still there. I mean without "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" is unplayable, but with it ON you get at least 3-4 FPS to bypass the intro text. By removing that part of the code the slowdown isn't there, like it was in revisions previous to 2481. I tested it and finished the game with no problems or crashes, can you take a look at it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7