EmuNewz Network

Full Version: I believe i have found a bug... a big one
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was messing with the emulator configurations and Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus to find what i could do to improve speed (particularly on the ZZ's map which is the worst fps-wise in the game with 4 or more mobile suits.).

So i messed here and there and i had this idea...

I have paused the emulator, then opened the configurations and on the video settings tab, checked Software Renderer then clicked 'Apply'.
With the emulator still paused and the configurations>video settings window still open, i have unchecked Software Renderer and clicked 'Apply' once again, unpausing the emulator... and what happened is i have gained a
LOT more fps, can someone explain what's going on here!? Could someone reproduce this so i am not going insane?

I found this really strange but in a good way of course! This seems to happen with every game i have tested!

Just made a video with dissidia final fantasy

GvsGNP ZZ's stage with ZZ (slowest in the game)

Might as well add my system specs, here they are:

Phenom II x4 955 BE @Stock(3.20Ghz)
GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB @Stock (using 314.07 drivers)
Corsair Dominator 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz@Stock Latencies (8-8-8-24) 1.65v
RAID0 SATAII Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
A Cup of Coffee(don't know it's brand or specifications, sorryBig Grin)

I could reproduce this bug with and without the launcher here from emunewz and the bug worked in revisions as old as 22xx!!
Well that's quite interesting,gonna try it right now and see if it makes any difference on a low end pc

Edit:In crisis core it seems it gave me a tiny boost,however I couldn't test dissidia 012 since there was an error when I wanted to go on free battle with a savegame,with a new game it froze as well
I don't have crisis core so i can't test but hey, that's a positive!

Have you tried without pausing the emulator like i did in the video? Seems you don't even need to pause it!!
Well in fact I forgot to pause itTongue so it also works on other games
Does this method only work with a certain revision (like the r2982 you are using)? Are you starting JPCSP with or without the launcher? Will only certain computers be able to get the boost?
It's not certain if all computers work,it is used without jpcsp launcher and you can try the newest revision,not sure about the older ones
virgil94 beat me to it Tongue!!

However, upon further testing, i can confirm it worked when using the launcher as well and the oldest revision i have tested were the 22xx ones and it STILL worked!!

About the computers which will work this i don't know, hence why this thread was made (or self-questioning about sanity!!Sad), for you guys to test out and hopefully it will improve FPS to everybody (or i am reallly going madSad) let's hope it's not the latter.

Best of luck!! Oh, and please, if it worked for you please leave a comment so it could be of use to other users as well!!!
Do you have to have initially a decent speed in the game in order to get those speedboost on slow down areas

Cause I tried it with Tekken 6 with initially crap speed and it didnt improve at all, it even hanged Undecided

Tried it with Digimon Adventure with decent speed and it become choppy
I've found out that switching the software rendering on and then off is not properly reactivating the vertex cache.
You should get the same effect by simply deactivating the vertex cache from the beginning (deselect the video option "Use vertex cache").
Thanks gid15 for clarifying that out!

I only found this because i almost never turn Vertex Cache off since some games crash or have some issues without it!
Pages: 1 2