EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Just DL'd... games not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm very much excited that there's a PSP Emulator for Mac OSX. There's a slight problem though... I can't get games to load. I'm mostly hoping to play WipEout Pure (I have a good computer), but bother .iso and .cso files are returning "Unsupported file format" errors. How would I fix this, or what file types should I be looking for? Also, how do I find the logs? I'm fairly computer noob-ish, so if I have to do anything in Terminal please spell it out for me. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Got the .cso working (needed to be in the umdimages folder), but after it loads the Sony Computer Entertainment America screen, it either goes to a "snowstorm" static affect with a message saying "This is a faked MPEG video" in the corner, or a blank white screen. I'm using r1772 (I think, it's whatever is on the main download link), so any help would be appreciated (or a link to a newer version that supports Pure, if that's an issue). Also, can I import saves from my PSP to the emulator, or install DLC packs?
Hello wantfastcars.

First, your emulator is outdated... refer here for most recent builds. MPEG videos are already supported by Media Engine for a long time, thought you must install SonicStage if you want to have Audio support.

Second, logs are turned off by default as it will slow down the emulator depending on log-type that you choose. You can turn it on by going to
Debug -> Tools -> Logger -> Show Logger and then choose what type of info that you want to see (normally you only need to post INFO, WARN, or DEBUG type when you want to post some errors on your game).

Third, save files can be imported by checking "Handle save data in crypto mode". Option -> Configuration -> Crypto -> handle...
I've never tried this feature myself, but some users have reported that it works.

Fourth, for DLC packs, Hykem has already started working on it, though we haven't heard anything for awhile now ....
Please refer here for further information on DLC contents.
DLC works just fine. You need to enable the encryption mode and make it save the file to the temp folder, then you rename the file in the temp folder to the name of your game version and put it in the main folder of JPCSP and it should now load the DLC file instead of having to encrypt every time, thus saving load time.
edat type dlc is still disabled though, so the older games that use that format won't work with their dlc yet.
(11-04-2011, 09:48 PM)serio Wrote: [ -> ]edat type dlc is still disabled though, so the older games that use that format won't work with their dlc yet.

Just my freaking luck.. i ordered dissidia 012 from gamestop and it had that cloud stife kindom hearts costume dlc... and it is in .edat file extension Sad , which means that i wont be adding his costume anytime soon right?
not in jpcsp at least.

you can still do that on your psp, and if you install npdecrypter plugin to your cfw, you can dump/decrypt the dlc and be ready for when hykem'll return and eventually add the support for that.