This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
JPCSP FPS stuck/not working, please help!
Exclamation 
I've seen many people posting about their JPCSP, and I've tried to take help from that too. But still mine doesn't work. Everything is fine, except when I start UMD nothing comes/loads. The screen stays totally black and the FPS stays about 2 between 6. :S I've tried reducing Xmi memory or something like that, but still doesn't work. My PC configuration :-
Ram :- 2 GB
GPU :- Internal/Built in graphics.
Processor :- Dual core CPU, 2.7 GHz.

I know it's not much of a fancy config, but at least it's enough to run "Fifa street 2" isn't it? I've been trying to play that for days now but I can't. I would really, really, REALLY appreciate some specific help here. =\
PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!! Sad
Your processor is the only thing even decent on your computer so I doubt you'll get any luck in playing any games. I barely get 50% of the max fps in most games with my specs, and yours are even worse you don't even have a good enough processor to make up for what your video card lacks.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
Well Vegerunks, it's enough to run JPCSP at maybe 10 FPS depending a bit on the game and so on. It won't be fancy no, but if you really want to play a game you can overlook that.

With that said, a few (obvious) things that might solve your issue:

- Did you press the Play button?
- Did you check the ideal settings for your game?
- Have you installed SonicStage and Xuggle if applicable?
- Have you tried to ignore Invalid Memory Processes option? Some games have a tendency to get "stuck" without.
- Have you recently updated JRE?
(10-02-2011, 11:47 AM)LeaT Wrote: Well Vegerunks, it's enough to run JPCSP at maybe 10 FPS depending a bit on the game and so on. It won't be fancy no, but if you really want to play a game you can overlook that.

With that said, a few (obvious) things that might solve your issue:

- Did you press the Play button?
- Did you check the ideal settings for your game?
- Have you installed SonicStage and Xuggle if applicable?
- Have you tried to ignore Invalid Memory Processes option? Some games have a tendency to get "stuck" without.
- Have you recently updated JRE?

Yes, I've done everything still nothing works. I guess Vegerunks is right. I have to upgrade my processor I guess.
No, that's not right at all. I can run Dissidia around 7 FPS with my 1.6 GHz dualcore processor on my laptop. A poor CPU will NEVER just give you a black screen, especially if everything else is working such as Windows. Then there's something else with the actual application that is faulty. When a weak CPU struggles, what will happen is that everything takes a lot of time to load and you will experience graphics freezes, but that's not what you are describing. You are describing that you specifically get a black screen.

Further, did you actually check to see if the game you attempt to play is supported yet? While JPCSP is the most advanced PSP emulator currently available it does not support all games yet and games it won't support will obviously not run at all and indeed, be stuck at a black screen when you press Run. Further, are you running with the latest rev?
Does the cube demo works?

Without a log file, it is quite difficult to help.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Yes, the cube demo works. But the games I try doesn't.
Please do what gid15 said.
(10-06-2011, 10:53 AM)LeaT Wrote: Please do what gid15 said.

You view on the signature gid15.

Debug -> Tools -> Logger -> Show Logger -> Select INFO. Compress and post the generated log.html

[Image: 1388267.png]
(10-06-2011, 11:46 AM)MaXiMu Wrote:
(10-06-2011, 10:53 AM)LeaT Wrote: Please do what gid15 said.

You view on the signature gid15.

Debug -> Tools -> Logger -> Show Logger -> Select INFO. Compress and post the generated log.html
dude i cant even get the cube demo to show hellllpppppp mmme
my pc is core 2 quad 8500gt 512mb 2gb ram windows 7 32 bit