This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spectral Souls: Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires - ULUS10076
could you post your configuration then? maybe i have something set up wrong.
(12-10-2010, 03:10 PM)serio Wrote: could you post your configuration then? maybe i have something set up wrong.

General - just default settings. use compiler is a must.
Video - none (you can use vertex cache if you want) might run into problems.
Audio - none
Memory - Ignore invalid memory address
Media - Use media engine. Decode audio files with SonicStage works if you want to use it.
as many other games. its more compatible if you have external audio using the Convertie method. but this game seems to be playable with or without them.
hmm, with those settings i managed to see the first second of the video, but it still froze. guess it's not the settings then. maybe some hardware conflict or some screwup while dumping the game.

would be nice if it was possible to at least tell what causes those crashes from the debug logger, as far as i can see it just stops.
try to see if the console window says anything after it stops.
try to skip the video by pressing start to see if you will get to the Title screen.
go back to like r1865 see if same thing happens with that revision. I'm using r1899 now and its still working.
nothing in the console, and i can't skip over the video. however i managed to get past it and in game in r1745 which i had lying around (the video plays normally in it too).

i'll try to download a bunch of other revisions of jpcsp to try pinpointing when does it start to crash.

edit: 1870 works too.

edit2: figures, it was my copy of the emulator. i redownloaded a clean version of the newest version and it worked. i had some leftover patch files in the patches folder which were causing the crash (disabling the audio threads and audio blocking for this game). i hate it when something like this happens.
using r 2840
no problems so far
i completed the first mission then started on the 2nd one
here is the info log

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   log.zip (Size: 6.02 KB / Downloads: 98)