This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336
Orphis is right. Plus, the process gets much more complicated when we're using a codec that has almost no information available. Dodgy

Anyway, I've updated the ME again in r1510. Now the video sequences are no longer external (only for sceMpeg videos, scePsmfPlayer is still using external methods), they're now re-converted and written to memory.
It now mimicks the PSP system much more accurately:
Video data is written to memory -> Data is sent to Media Engine -> Video is processed and decoded -> Sequential images are generated and sent back from the Media Engine -> These images are converted to pixels, readapted and finally written back to memory.
Expect some stuttering and laggy videos, because they now depend on the emulator's speed, but now Crisis Core should display them properly (menu and subtitles overlaying the video, just like it was doing with faked MPEG sequences). Also, you can now take screenshots and watch them full screen. Big Grin

By the way, I've also added an experimental external audio loading mechanism. If you want to test it, place a file named ExtAudio.wav in the same folder the Movie.pmf is located and it should play while the video is displaying. This is mostly targeted at testing the software conversion solutions available (Goldwave, Sonic Stage), so I've restricted it to .wav files.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - by Hykem - 05-07-2010, 05:58 PM
patch ULES01048 - by MaXiMu - 05-26-2010, 01:33 AM
other bug detect - by MaXiMu - 03-13-2011, 11:56 AM
RE: other bug detect - by hyakki - 03-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Crisis Core Rendering Issue - by ishraqiyun77 - 03-11-2012, 11:13 PM
RE: Crisis Core Rendering Issue - by ishraqiyun77 - 03-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Frame error? - by isoepic - 04-22-2012, 03:40 PM
crisis core menu problem - by bigal80ak - 05-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Crisis Core Frame Error? - by isoepic - 08-02-2012, 12:19 AM