This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336
Hello,

Hoping you fine folk can help me solve an issue.
I've been able to play this using the recommended settings. It does freeze occasionally, but that's not my main problem.
My main problem is that the character menu is real glitchy. Not sure how to explain it, when opening the menu (Triangle) it often gets stuck on a screen showing 2 metal plates against each other (I guess it shows these plates opening into the menu, normally). The easiest way to explain it would be that the menu does not refresh well. It does get into the menu, and I can do things, I just dont see what happens all the time. It often flickers the selection pointer when refreshing too fast, but most of the time is just stuck on a screen while im waiting for it to show me what I want to see. It seems to refresh faster when I play after just restarting my computer, but i've yet to test this. When refreshing it often shows the previous screen and the current one flickering trough each other before showing it normally (For example, when selecting a mail to read, it will flicker beteween the inbox and beteween the mail itself). I've tried to mess around with settings but nothing seems to make a difference, except changing the maximum method size in the compiler tab, but whatever difference it makes is minor and maybe just imaginary/coincidence.
And i'm wondering if it's normal the game freezes occasionally? So far only in, or right after battle. And with freeze I mean no response, being forced to exit jpcsp.
Win 7 32-bit
AMD PhenomII X4 955 ~3.2GHz
GeForce GTS 250 1GB
Ram 2x2 GB DDR3
I updated Java, installed sonicstage and jpcsp, all today. So maybe I need some software or update something else? This is my first experience with the program though i've used emulation software before.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: Enabling the option "Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)" completely fixes this problem. The menu displays perfectly in real time.. however this causes an even more serious issue. Now out of menu, most or all text, savepoints and who knows what else dissapears. No "talk" indication when walking up to someone, no text boxes... It's curious to me that this single option fixes the problem and causes another. Any idea's?

Messages In This Thread
patch ULES01048 - by MaXiMu - 05-26-2010, 01:33 AM
other bug detect - by MaXiMu - 03-13-2011, 11:56 AM
RE: other bug detect - by hyakki - 03-16-2011, 08:47 PM
RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - by Antiga - 08-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Crisis Core Rendering Issue - by ishraqiyun77 - 03-11-2012, 11:13 PM
RE: Crisis Core Rendering Issue - by ishraqiyun77 - 03-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Frame error? - by isoepic - 04-22-2012, 03:40 PM
crisis core menu problem - by bigal80ak - 05-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Crisis Core Frame Error? - by isoepic - 08-02-2012, 12:19 AM