This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336
(07-03-2011, 12:20 PM)TenyumeKasumi Wrote: Well, first of all, I believe SonicStage has to do with the audio, not the video. So if you're getting sound but no video, it's not the fault of SonicStage. You should be paying attention to Media Engine (it's already there, you don't have to download anything... I think). Make sure the option to use Media Engine is selected in the configuration menu. If all you see is static and no video, that should solve the problem. But if your Media Engine IS selected, then just keep playing around with the Video settings. If that doesn't work... Then you'll need someone more well-versed than me to advise you (I'm just speaking from personal experience - then again, my computer runs on Windows).

Yes, I am aware that SonicStage has nothing to do with video. I don't have it, nor do I have sound and the original question still stands: I can't get SonicStage as it's not made for Mac, so how do I get voices and music?

I've tried the things listed above for hours in many combinations but with no success.

Let me be a little more clear:

With no settings selected I get the SquarEnix screen, the 10th Anniversary, screen, then it goes glitchy, like a screen shot of glitched out textures. Fiddling with the video options yields a slower frame rate by about 50% and, on occasion, a "screen shot" of glitchy static. No video, no play, I can get the main menu to start the game, sub titles in game, but no video what-so-ever. With the Media Engine Selected, I get nothing. The best I can get is a black screen that's claiming 1 FPS after fiddling with the video options, but it's locked up and I get nothing and no where.

Another short question, how many of these games have been tested on the Mac Emulator? This and Disidia are all I really want to play and so far I see alot of success on Windows but from personal experience I've got nothin' on Mac.

I've got a Windows computer, but my Mac is my Laptop and I take it places and was hoping to keep all my emulation on the Mac side. It does run Windows, but I'm stubborn, and for the sake of this emulator claiming to run on Mac, I'd love to help test it out in any way shape or form (as far as writing code in Java, my skills aren't even mediocre at best, so I'd make a better test monkey than coder in this instance).

Thanks for the help. I'll try installing it on Windows as well (7 Professional x64) and see what I can drum up there for success. As far as my reading goes, there seem to be some issues with x64 running things too, but not to this caliber.

Messages In This Thread
patch ULES01048 - by MaXiMu - 05-26-2010, 01:33 AM
other bug detect - by MaXiMu - 03-13-2011, 11:56 AM
RE: other bug detect - by hyakki - 03-16-2011, 08:47 PM
RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - by Lanthro - 07-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Crisis Core Rendering Issue - by ishraqiyun77 - 03-11-2012, 11:13 PM
RE: Crisis Core Rendering Issue - by ishraqiyun77 - 03-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Frame error? - by isoepic - 04-22-2012, 03:40 PM
crisis core menu problem - by bigal80ak - 05-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Crisis Core Frame Error? - by isoepic - 08-02-2012, 12:19 AM