This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336
Greetings everyone! Before I start I would like to thank you all the programmers (I don't know what to call you guys xD) who had made this all possible.

I have GREAT news to share with everyone and believe I have found a configuration for JPCSP that could play FF7: CC at a desirable rate than anyone I've seem on this thread. I would say the game play (speed) is about 95-98% compare to the of the rate on the actually PSP (which I recall was 30 fps). I still have some sound issues, like some of you had already mentioned. For example, bgm doesn't loop and after some time there is no music at all until you enter a new scene. I also believe some cut-scenes may not be playing sound, but I maybe wrong.

There is one problem with the video with my configuration though, the video tends to not play smoothly, however that is a small price to pay for the desirable fps. (Hopefully, the programmers will focus on this video problem and sound issues once we have obtained the desirable fps. Which I think I have stumbled upon...)

Alright, this is properly what all you readers are curious about.
CONFIGURATION:
[Video]

-Only GE graphics
-Use vertex cache
-Use shaders
-Disable UBO
-Enable VAO
-Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory (I think this lights up the amount of damage dealt in battles.)
-Enable dynamic shader genearation

**I messed around with "Ignore invalid memory access" under Memory tab and "Use complier" under Compiler tab, but I think it works either way. But it's the video that is the most important.

I'm not DONE yet! xD There is a trick to this. If you change the above settings before getting the game to work, you will get error in the log window. What I do is try to get a configuration where the game actually starts, then change the settings => press reset => press run. And it should work, hopefully for you too... (o_O)
If not, then close the program completely and re-do.

[Speculations]
In general, when I uncheck "Only GE graphic" my fps is around 51-60 (but I get the ugly glow effect). When I turn it on WITH shaders (config above), I get mostly around 24-30 fps, however, it's feels like I'm playing at the same speed as when it's off or possibly even a little faster. (o_O) No complains there. xD The bottom line is with this setting the game is EXTREMELY playable, the only minor issues are the cut-scenes and sounds. Keep it up programmers, we're almost there!

My system spec are:
Intel Core Duo CPU E8500 3.16 Ghz
ATI Radeon HD 4850 X2
2 GB of ram
Wins 7 - 64 bit (but I use the 32 bit Jpcsp.)

I would post a video link of my game play but I don't know what's a good video capture program to use. If someone could recommend to me a good/easy-to-use one, I would be happy to show you guys. Also, if I could help anything with logs or tests let me know Hyakki (or any of the other programmers). (^_^)

Another thing to noticed, I just updated my graphic driver to version 11.3. I'm not sure if it was a factor because I didn't try this setting before updating.

PS: Let me know if this works out for you guys.

Messages In This Thread
patch ULES01048 - by MaXiMu - 05-26-2010, 01:33 AM
other bug detect - by MaXiMu - 03-13-2011, 11:56 AM
RE: other bug detect - by hyakki - 03-16-2011, 08:47 PM
RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - by Zackerith - 04-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Crisis Core Rendering Issue - by ishraqiyun77 - 03-11-2012, 11:13 PM
RE: Crisis Core Rendering Issue - by ishraqiyun77 - 03-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Frame error? - by isoepic - 04-22-2012, 03:40 PM
crisis core menu problem - by bigal80ak - 05-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Crisis Core Frame Error? - by isoepic - 08-02-2012, 12:19 AM