This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336
currently, r1812 makes the game somewhat unstable, reverted back to r1811 then it goes stable again, havent tried the new revisions yet.

as for sounds, i currently dont have BGMs, battle sounds, and some scenes play sound, all movies have sounds.

@hyakki, i installed everything that is needed to be installed for audios to be played, and i still dont get to hear them, yes i use 32bit, my win7 is 32bit. i have decoded the audios a dozen times already and still no imporvement. any more suggestions? yes i know not all are voiced, but even menu sounds, the BGM, dont hear any of them.
(10-29-2010, 02:01 AM)ukiyaejl Wrote: currently, r1812 makes the game somewhat unstable, reverted back to r1811 then it goes stable again, havent tried the new revisions yet.

as for sounds, i currently dont have BGMs, battle sounds, and some scenes play sound, all movies have sounds.

@hyakki, i installed everything that is needed to be installed for audios to be played, and i still dont get to hear them, yes i use 32bit, my win7 is 32bit. i have decoded the audios a dozen times already and still no imporvement. any more suggestions? yes i know not all are voiced, but even menu sounds, the BGM, dont hear any of them.

check to make sure you don't have sound or java muted in your audio mixer, this sounds more like a system problem then convertie or jpcsp issue
and under jpcsp -> options -> audio - make sure Mute is unchecked

and if that doesnt work i really have no idea, Menu sounds like when starting a new game is all handled by jpcsp and should play regardless of decoded audio, since windows 7 has independent audio controls for each program best thing i can think of is java has its volume level muted or low
how can i customize the volume of java? im really having a hard time to make the sounds work. but at least i can play cc now.
~Misa:"I can't imagine a world without Light!" L: "Yes, that would be dark."
tested at r1814, sounds all work now, and very smooth too. its been a long time since i heard BGMs hahaha!

@seraphiel, if you followed the guide to decode audios and still dont work, try updating to r1814, then also try to turn the audio setting of jcpsp under jpcsp -> options -> audio, and turn the mute on and off, it should be off or unchecked. i tried that and all sounds are playing.
(10-29-2010, 08:09 AM)Seraphiel Wrote: how can i customize the volume of java? im really having a hard time to make the sounds work. but at least i can play cc now.

Make sure the extract from tmp thing is checked under the media engine. Just change the speaker's volume if its too loud of soft.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

currently checked the performance of different builds, r1800 is the most stable among new builds, although the sound isnt too good, at least the gameplay is stable, it doesnt exceed 30fps on my pc, but at least it also doesnt go down a 5 fps low in battles (this happens in r1814, it also jumps to 60fps but is laggy, prolly trying to cope up with audio), and also at r1814 i get stuck at dumbapple scene (i accidentally pressed select near a save point when i was trying to do a soft reset, my bad, so much for being at chapter 8.)

and also is the cwcheat working for this game? i tried inputting codes at the cwcheat window by inserting codes, but everytime i exit the window and play the game or reopen the cwcheat window the codes are gone. Anyone can give me a step by step on how to make it work?

gonna be testing r1817 tonight after work, hopefully it will combine the stability of r1800 and good sound of r1814.
r1817 stuck at dumbapples cutscene ...going to try on r1814.

@ hyakki
I've following your guide to decode the AT3+ Audio...(Xpert2+CC FF VII Plugin)

Using Method B With Renamer 1.0.0.0, I've got 1264 AT3 files.
But Using Rename_xpert2jpcsp.bat, I've got only 1254 AT3 files.

The file size is similar between these two...but the filename is a little different.
Wonder which one is the best?
both are the pretty much the same, the one with less files has some missing voice at some scene's you probably would never notice, the bat file was made before i developed convertie / renamer. as for the different filenames jpcsp can understand both
use 1800 to get pass dumbapple scene. r1817 still proves unstable compared to r1800, my battles dont slow down using r1800, while in r1814 and r1817 the emulator kinda forces the game to play at 60 fps and causes slow down instead. the sounds in r1814 and r1817 are better to hear though.

i got the cheats to work but not all work though.
well, after switching from r1800 to r1811, and after redoing hyakki's method, the sounds are working 90% now. i can hear bgm's but sometimes it stops suddenly. but its okay now.
~Misa:"I can't imagine a world without Light!" L: "Yes, that would be dark."