This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need Help with PCSP Crashing
11-10-2012, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 09:57 PM by Mr.Lunchbox_Bear.)
psp Need Help with PCSP Crashing
So here's what I do and what happens:

1)Open pcsp.exe from windows explorer

2)File>Open UMD> Select Dissidia Final Fantasy or Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy

3)Go to emulator>run

4)Windows informs me "pcsp.exe has stopped working" and is searching for a solution. After a brief moment, Windows than informs me that a solution cannot be found at this time

Now I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium on an HP 2000-219DX Notebook PC

Processor: AMD E-35 Processor 1.6 GHz
2.6 GB RAM usable
64-bit OS
I don't know my video card type nor how to find that how, so if you could help with that as well.

Thank you for your time and I hope someone can help! Huh

EDIT: I'm using the PCSP v0.5.4 emulator
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2012, 03:12 AM
RE: Need Help with PCSP Crashing
Development of this emu was stopped and change to a new one called PSP4ALL. However, it hasn't been released yet. On the main while use JPCSP; latest build can be downloaded from here:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/

[Image: montcer.png]
11-11-2012, 03:48 AM
I know about that one, but it was running a little slow for me so I wanted to try another emu to see if it was the program or my computer.
11-11-2012, 03:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2012 03:59 AM by montcer9012.)
Well, Shadow and Hlide have told on PSPE4ALL web site that the emu still on early stages so we need to wait a long time until we can play commercial games with that emu. Anyway, what are your computer specs?

11-11-2012, 04:33 AM
It's all there in my first post, at the bottom.
11-11-2012, 05:36 AM
Oh sorry, i forgot it.

Well, you could play not demanding games on that machine; the flaw part is the slower CPU which doesn't have turbo speed like the APU A series from AMD.

Some people say that an emu written on C++ will be faster than JPCSP; lets wait until PSPE4All or PPSSPP can play commercial games to take our conclusions.