This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Emulator
(11-13-2012, 03:07 PM)Runo Wrote: But then you're saying someone with the right skills could multithread a single chip emulation without losing performance over cores? Cause I never heard of someone that did this (A dev from Dolphin emulator team tried a while back, he wanted to write a multithreaded JIT that split the emulated CPU thread into two logical threads, but he gave up, and he told us over the IRC channel he wasn't gaining much speed even if it was using all of his CPU cores, because of the need for tight thread syncing)

The emulated CPU is single cored, so it works in serialized manner. Even if you parallelize the emulation one thread will need to wait for the other, I don't see how that could be optimized.

Nah Smile I never said that. For some reason you seem obsessed with that idea of splitting a mono-core task in multi-core tasks. I early told you it was useless (through the *bad* idea of using GPGPU to do so). I was speaking in a more general way. Nevermind. I do not feel as if we should have any disagreement Smile.
Sorry, maybe I became a little paranoid, people can be really annoying about this matter Big Grin
Besides, I got curious because if you knew someone that figured it out It'd be pretty awesome Tongue
[Image: BowserCartSmallAni.gif]
My Rig:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Stock
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AM3+ Revision
RAM: Geil 4GB Dual Channel @ 1600Mhz
How close are you ( or far ) of running a cube test like the one in jpcsp?
Well,there is that triangle test elf if I recall
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
Yes, but since tetris is 2d i don't know if it's sprite or polygon ( i admit that i'm not 100% sure of the difference between them ).
Also i think that 3d cube have emulated light.
But they need to do a cube.elf for the rpcs3 since you can't load the psp one
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
Yes, i mean like jpcsp one. It just need to be 3d cube with light, don't have to have textures either. Is this still far in rpcs3?
Running it through a PSP emulator is still far, the emulation is very incomplete at this point. It will probably be a while before we see that kind of stuff in RPCS3.. Imho, there is no point further developing the GS emulation right now, the core is so incomplete probably nothing more complex then we currently have (like tetris) would run anyway, so it becomes hard to debug.

Btw, the tetris.elf is sprite based, it has no 3D polygons.
[Image: BowserCartSmallAni.gif]
My Rig:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Stock
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AM3+ Revision
RAM: Geil 4GB Dual Channel @ 1600Mhz
Thank you, that's all i wanted to know.
maybe sm1 must use intel xeon or a super computer like titan but i know that is impossible but it would be great if sm1 could right ?
and what about xbox 360 emulation ?? for some reason i think it easier than ps3 i dont know why Smile