This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Emulator
(11-23-2012, 09:23 AM)shin x Wrote: what about xbox 360 emulation ?? for some reason i think it easier than ps3 i dont know why Smile
Because is an weak machine Tongue

[Image: montcer.png]
Ben Vanik have started x360 emulation early this year but it seems that he gave up on that.
loool it would be great if sm1 try to make xbox360 emu
shin x,

Well...let's say this way (i hope devs correct me, if i said something wrong :p ) - to research console architecture/making emulator developer needs some basic "pack" of stuff. Smile For example
- SDK with samples and documentation (+additional documentation for console's hardware) (for researching architecture features, compiling simple stuff for testing purposes, disassembler for code researching, e.t.c...)
- access to console, at least with ability to run unsigned code (for code testing and comparing results between console/emulator, e.t.c...)
- for commercial games researching (which is obviously encrypted and compressed for protection purposes) it's nessessary to have tools, which could dump and decrypt it's executable file(s).
- access to test/debug console with debugging software could make architecture researching for developer a bit easier. Wink
thank you for the precious informations....
but making an emu is just like hacking a device loool
anyway here is something http://www.avsforum.com/t/758390/xbox-36...comparison
it says that xbox 360 is less complicated than ps 3 can anyone assure this ???
"The PS3 is so much more difficult to program than the 360"
There it says " The Xenon CPU seems like a good chip that fits in with Microsoft's programming preferences more PC-like design as it were, more suited for quick and slick creation of developer tools, and more suited to the way most programmers think of CPUs."
So that's why it might be easier
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(11-24-2012, 09:05 PM)virgil94 Wrote: There it says " The Xenon CPU seems like a good chip that fits in with Microsoft's programming preferences more PC-like design as it were, more suited for quick and slick creation of developer tools, and more suited to the way most programmers think of CPUs."
That's not the only part; all pieces on the 360 are weaker than on the PS3 except for some that are similar (if not equal) on the PS3. In fact, the 360 is more similar to a PC that the PS3. Sony designed (Or order to) almost pieces on the PS3; Microsoft just bought existing pieces.

PS3 is a powerful console; 360 is just a computer designed only to run games.
[Image: montcer.png]
(11-24-2012, 09:05 PM)virgil94 Wrote: There it says " The Xenon CPU seems like a good chip that fits in with Microsoft's programming preferences more PC-like design as it were, more suited for quick and slick creation of developer tools, and more suited to the way most programmers think of CPUs."

lool i know what it said but i want to know if that is true Big Grin

(11-24-2012, 09:27 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: That's not the only part; all pieces on the 360 are weaker than on the PS3 except for some that are similar (if not equal) on the PS3.

That doesn't necessarily make it easier to code an emulator for it. It may mean you need a less powerful machine to emulate it in most cases.
[Image: BowserCartSmallAni.gif]
My Rig:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Stock
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AM3+ Revision
RAM: Geil 4GB Dual Channel @ 1600Mhz
shin x,

Theories, theories... :p If say in "simple" terms, emulator - it's tool, which learns PC to communicate with non-native code for it. Smile For example (which sounds a bit silly Big Grin ) it's like for a man with English as native language to learn speak on Russian. Wink