This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dissidia games problem!
psp 
gid15, or any of you developers, I and many more people are having problem with some graphics in Dissidia Final Fantasy games, and here are some things I found out:

1.The first problem is the blurry effect when characters go into EX mode finishing attack (in this case Warrior of Light) and there also are slightly in the rest of the game. On this forum they told me:"What it does is that it first renders the blur and then scales the result/frame, when instead it should first scale the frame and then blur it at it's current resolution". Also, when I use the EX revenge (the slow motion attack in which the opponent is trapped in white time void), it decreases emulator speed greatly and the buggy graphics appear.
Jpcsp:     , PSP:     , EX Revenge:    

2.The second thing I saw was the "broken" textures again spotted on the Warrior of Light in the time when he uses any attack (in this case Crossover attack). The thing is that no matter what attack I use or with which character I'm attacking, the path of the sword or shield (now I'm talking again about Warrior of Light) that are left behind those weapons due to their movement are simply broken!
Jpcsp:            
PSP:        

3.The third thing is that Tifa still has invisible upper part of her body and many other characters have the problem with cloak, like Warrior of light and many more invisible problems.

My PC specs are:

1.Sapphire Radeon HD6850 1GB GDDR5 DX11;
2.AMD PhenomII X4 B55 3.2GHz;
3.Kingston HyperX 4GB 1333MHz;
4.Gigabyte GA870AUD3 CrossfireX;
5.Windows 7 Ultimate x64;

And I'm using this config in the emulator:

1.Unpack PBP when loading;
2.Enable file IO logging;
3.Only GE graphics;
4.Use vertex cache;
5.Use shaders;
6.Use a geometry shader for 2D rendering;
7.Disable UBO;
8.Enable VAO;
9.Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory
10.Enable dynamic shader generator AMD/ATI;
11.Ignore invalid memory acess;
12.Use media engine;
13.Extract media files to tmp folder;
14.Decode media files with SonicStage;
15.Use compiler (dynarec);
16.Maximum method size 50;
17.All crypto selected.

Please see what you can do. I think that Dissidia games are near full compatible with this emulator. Big Grin
Remember that JPCSP still under development. I guess for now gid's priority is empty the Intro/Loadable/HalfPlayable forum section in order to start working 100% compatibility on games.

Some times the graphic glitch aren't caused by JPCSP code; for you and me that use AMD graphics keep it update is very important; look what happen on 1 year of driver improvements for God Of War: (As you can see, OpenGL drivers aren't they priority for work hahahahaha)

Also, remember attach a log file since that's the way gid and other users check where's JPCSP code fault.
[Image: montcer.png]
XD Yes. You are right. OpenGL always makes the problem as you say. Can you please tell me how to find the log file so I can upload it here? I newer done this before, so please tell me how to do it. Big Grin
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=70898
[Image: montcer.png]
Here is the log file you told me to attach here Big Grin . The log file contains the information for the things I wrote up on the top of this thread which includes blurry effect, "broken" textures, and missing parts of the characters clothes and body parts. The log file is from Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy. The blurry effects, "broken" textures and the missing parts occurs in all Dissidia games, but I think with solving the problems from Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy game will take the same "solved" effect on the other Dissidia games and actually fix them Big Grin . Please all of you developers, see and discuss this thread when you are able. Smile

P.S.- I forgot to edit that I'm using the amd64 Jpcsp emulator, not the x86.

Edit - I forgot to mention that the missing parts of clothes and bodies somehow return them selves during the battle or while cycling through one characters different costumes in collection/museum/character files

.rar   log file for Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy.rar (Size: 39.48 KB / Downloads: 105)
Please any of you developers, reply anything about this if you now the problem and if it can be solved sooner or later, or maybe newer XD . Just joking. I know that you have to finish the remaining threads first and that's tiring job, but I just want to know what would your plans be on how to solve this things I wrote?
Anything new?!
I'm sorry, this game is compatible with my graphic card Smile

no problem Big Grin
“In the end.. What I've done! Best of the best vengeance is bettering myself. So I'm breaking my limits! This is it...”Claudius Zephyros
(11-19-2012, 01:05 AM)joxof Wrote: I'm sorry, this game is compatible with my graphic card Smile

no problem Big Grin

With no problem you meant to tell me that any of the problems I mentioned above actually don't appear on your monitor? What are your PC specs and what revision of Jpcsp are you using?
(11-04-2012, 09:11 AM)Jozma7 Wrote: I think that Dissidia games are near full compatible with this emulator. Big Grin

That's right, because Dissidia games still need video configuration ("Use vertex cache" and "Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory")

btw, Soul Calibur broken destiny and Tekken 6 are full compatible with this emulator (doesn't need video configuration)

(11-19-2012, 02:42 AM)Jozma7 Wrote: With no problem you meant to tell me that any of the problems I mentioned above actually don't appear on your monitor? What are your PC specs and what revision of Jpcsp are you using?

Indeed no bugs at all like real PSP! Once again, a special thanks goes to JPCSP team Heart

I'am using Windows XP sp2 32-bit, Jpcsp v0.6 2863 & JRE 7 32-bit

This attached file of my JPCSP setting (high compatibility, stability and performance on my low-end PC prototype built-up) just extract and learn it Wink

Attached Files
.rar   JPCSP r2863 setting.rar (Size: 1.78 KB / Downloads: 138)
“In the end.. What I've done! Best of the best vengeance is bettering myself. So I'm breaking my limits! This is it...”Claudius Zephyros