This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does "enable decoding of indexed textures ( using CLUT ) have to make graphic ugly ?
Will this ever be fixed?
A first implementation has been added in r3106. It is not yet implemented for all CLUT methods but could you test it on different games and different graphic cards to check OpenGL driver compatibility?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
For Dissidia 012, the picture is less pixellated now, but the missing texture problem is far worse. The screenshots don't precisely match but they should show the issue.

My graphics card is AMD Mobility Radeon 545v (4500 series) and I'm using these settings:
[ ] Disable VBO (automatically disabled if not supported)
[X] Only GE graphics (not recommended for homebrew)
[X] Use vertex cache
[X] Use shaders
[X] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[ ] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
[X] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[X] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Disable optimized VertexInfo reading (may improve compatibility)
[ ] Save Stencil to Memory (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Use Software Rendering (very experimental, not yet complete, slow)

My driver version is 8.97.100.7 and my Catalyst version is 13.1.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I can only test on geforce since I don't have any radeon cards.
I tested about 10 games from my collection, main issue is fixed-no more pixalated graphic, but a lof of games experience bugs with the option turned on, there are no such bugs in r3105.
For example, graphic missing in final fantasy crisis core, characters turning black in brave story, or some kind of bugged graphic floating at the tactics ogre title screen.
Is this expected behaviour because it's not yet implemented for all clut methods ?
(04-18-2013, 07:10 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(04-17-2013, 08:37 PM)digiadventures Wrote: I can only test on geforce since I don't have any radeon cards.
I tested about 10 games from my collection, main issue is fixed-no more pixalated graphic, but a lof of games experience bugs with the option turned on, there are no such bugs in r3105.
For example, graphic missing in final fantasy crisis core, characters turning black in brave story, or some kind of bugged graphic floating at the tactics ogre title screen.
Is this expected behaviour because it's not yet implemented for all clut methods ?
The change I've implemented was to provide less pixelated graphics when using the CLUT option. I've first implemented it for some cases so that it could be tested for correctness and compatibility with all kind of video drivers. For the other cases, the old implementation stayed unchanged.
So, obviously the change is not yet perfect as it should not break something working before... I'm working further on it.
Thank you for the reports!
I've found an error with the implementation of the bilinear interpolation: the texture wrapping was not considered. This should be fixed in r3109.
Could you retest and post screenshots with and without CLUT decoding?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(04-18-2013, 07:10 PM)gid15 Wrote: I've found an error with the implementation of the bilinear interpolation: the texture wrapping was not considered. This should be fixed in r3109.
Could you retest and post screenshots with and without CLUT decoding?

Some bugs are fixed, for example missing graphic in Crisis Core, however some bugs still remain.

Tactics Ogre with CLUT decoding OFF:
[Image: XEdOstFl.jpg]

Tactcs Ogre with CLUT decoding ON:
[Image: TVjZaQ0l.jpg]

Brave Story with CLUT decoding OFF:
[Image: 7UpC28pl.jpg]

Brave Story with CLUT decoding ON:
[Image: 3C4WYPUl.jpg]
The textures are a mixed bag in r3109, but some are still missing both with and without CLUT.

Dissidia 012 with CLUT decoding OFF:

Dissidia 012 with CLUT decoding ON:

After a bit more poking, r3110 fixed whatever in r3109 broke whatever textures Dissidia 012 uses to provide the "skin" for spell effects if you use "Save GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" and/or "Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader"; now they're back to being broken only if you use "Enable decoding of indexed textures..." This does not render the game unplayable, but makes Garland's Cyclone and possibly other spell effects nearly invisible.

All these pictures are from r3110.

The familiar Flare on Order's Sanctuary scene, without "Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader":

Cyclone ( "Save GE screen to Textures" and "Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader" disabled):

Cyclone ( "Save GE screen to Textures" enabled, "Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader" disabled):

Cyclone ("Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader enabled):

I'd be happy to provide logs if I'm told what's needed.
I grabbed r3115 and tried again. I have UBO disabled due to the severe drop in framerate I have when it's enabled, and I noticed some scattered improvements. Terra's Blizzard Combo doesn't have textures, but Blizzard does. Other attacks randomly re-acquire their textures, especially when an assist is called. Terra's Tornado (which has an animation extremely similar to Garland's Cyclone from the last set of screenshots) is completely invisible.

Will provide screenshots later.
New rev r3128, same old graphical glitches for Duodecim. It's the only game I play with JPCSP, so I don't know if the changes fixed other games.

The picture isn't the usual setting, but it's still Garland's Cyclone attack.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)