This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is intel dual core e6500 good for jpcsp
psp 
i have a question ,is intel dual core e6500 3ghz able to run jpcsp at good speed
i want to now if someone has this cpu and run jpcsp or ather emulators(epcsx2,dolphin) at acceptable speed .
Essentially when running these emulators, the Graphics Card is more important than the processor. Sure a processor with decent enough RAM is required, but if you want a game to run smoothly (and with good FPS), a good -> great graphics card is a must. With that being said, 3GHz should be good enough, however, I don't know what kind of graphics card comes equipped with the specific machine you're inquiring about.
(09-18-2011, 03:59 AM)Crase Wrote: Essentially when running these emulators, the Graphics Card is more important than the processor. Sure a processor with decent enough RAM is required, but if you want a game to run smoothly (and with good FPS), a good -> great graphics card is a must. With that being said, 3GHz should be good enough, however, I don't know what kind of graphics card comes equipped with the specific machine you're inquiring about.

i now that for a good speed i need a goog gpu but for now i intend to buy a cpu !
now on my celeron 2ghz single core and gpu intel gma 256mb,bit i run for exemple dbz sb another road quite well in 15-16 fps on jpcsp so i thik that a cpu is more important .thx for the answer!
(09-18-2011, 03:59 AM)Crase Wrote: Essentially when running these emulators, the Graphics Card is more important than the processor. Sure a processor with decent enough RAM is required, but if you want a game to run smoothly (and with good FPS), a good -> great graphics card is a must. With that being said, 3GHz should be good enough, however, I don't know what kind of graphics card comes equipped with the specific machine you're inquiring about.

@Crase
Wrong. In case of emulation, CPU power is more important because it does the most job when emulating another System.
A strong GPU is only required if you want to play games in HD and antialiasing.
(09-22-2011, 08:23 PM)nex01 Wrote: @Crase
Wrong. In case of emulation, CPU power is more important because it does the most job when emulating another System.
A strong GPU is only required if you want to play games in HD and antialiasing.

Well then, I stand corrected.
A 3ghz processor, dual core, should be somewhat good for JPCSP. I can play Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (a 3d game, which uses all of the resources on my real PSP, and will sometimes even slow that down!) on JPCSP (of course, not at full speed, usually 5-15 fps, sometimes slower than that, sometimes faster). And I have a 2.5ghz dual core, so a 3ghz should be good (you can't go wrong having a faster processor, but 3ghz should be good).
(09-23-2011, 03:32 PM)ventusrocks Wrote: A 3ghz processor, dual core, should be somewhat good for JPCSP. I can play Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (a 3d game, which uses all of the resources on my real PSP, and will sometimes even slow that down!) on JPCSP (of course, not at full speed, usually 5-15 fps, sometimes slower than that, sometimes faster). And I have a 2.5ghz dual core, so a 3ghz should be good (you can't go wrong having a faster processor, but 3ghz should be good)
yeah thats true but the ghz of the cpu is important but is important level 2 cahe and the tehnologise that the cpu uses