This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speed up Jpcsp? 2ghz?
psp 
Obviously, I have a pretty slow computer for jpcsp. I have a intel pentium 2ghz dual processor and it runs incredibly slow. Like, 0-2 fps, and it sucks because I really want to play some of my games such as birth by sleep and crisis core, but it's not worth playing at that speed. Does anyone know ANY way to speed it up? I really would love to play these games. At this point, I would be grateful for 7fps haha.
I know jpcsp says a minimum of 2ghz, but it too slow.
Thanks to anyone who can help me!
you didn't tell us your video card... Video card is a bigger importance in performance up until a certain point. Your video card probably can't handle the emulator if thats all you can get to even in Crisis Core
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
(09-01-2011, 10:13 PM)Vegerunks Wrote: you didn't tell us your video card... Video card is a bigger importance in performance up until a certain point. Your video card probably can't handle the emulator if thats all you can get to even in Crisis Core

I don't have a video card. Dang, I guess that might be a big problem. I'm a newbie to stuff like this, and I wasn't aware I should really have one.
Any suggestions of a good cheap one?
Nvidia Geforce has the more affordable ones and i'd suggest a Geforce 8800 or later. I'm going to get a 550 Ti for $150 and its alot better than the 8800
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
I have an Intel ® HD graphics family video card. My computer is Win 7 home premium Intel® core i7-2670GM CPU @ 2.20ghz

Was running Duodecim Final Fantasy 2012 and the speed of both the sound and video is VERY slow. Is this good enough or should I get a better video card, etc.?
Intel graphic cards are not good to use with Jpcsp, however that game does run slowly during some cut-scenes so not sure any upgrade will help right now.

(11-29-2011, 08:23 AM)hyakki Wrote: Intel graphic cards are not good to use with Jpcsp, however that game does run slowly during some cut-scenes so not sure any upgrade will help right now.

I have a sony laptop with geforce7700 but the game still runs two slow like 5 fps or so anyway to solve plz reply
With a 9800 GTX+ I only get like 20 FPS on most stages, haven't tried story mode since i got my new card so idk how the speed is for cutscenes
Quote:i'd suggest a Geforce 8800 or later
at least a 9500+ would be better. the 8xxx series are already discontinued, so you can only find used ones (i tried over 2 years ago. the guy who was selling them said they aren't even producing or selling 8 series and suggested 9 which i went with).

the 9 series are very cheap anyway, and i doubt jpcsp will get much boost out of the faster ones without a good cpu.
(12-10-2011, 03:26 AM)serio Wrote:
Quote:i'd suggest a Geforce 8800 or later
at least a 9500+ would be better. the 8xxx series are already discontinued, so you can only find used ones (i tried over 2 years ago. the guy who was selling them said they aren't even producing or selling 8 series and suggested 9 which i went with).

the 9 series are very cheap anyway, and i doubt jpcsp will get much boost out of the faster ones without a good cpu.

It might actually provide a significant boost if you get a GTX 200 series over a 9xxx series seeing as they have SM 5.0 and DX11.