This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Decoding in JPCSP
Question 
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick question about decoding audio in JPCSP. Right now the only way to play most of PSP audio is through the installation of SonicStage which installs necessary codecs.

Is it a temporary solution? Are there any plans of developing an open audio decoder as part of JPCSP in the future?

I'm asking because SonicStage is Windows only. Thanks.
as far as i remember there's a plan to eventually reverse engineer and implement the at3 codec into the emulator, so that it wouldn't have to rely on other third party software like sonicstage and/or soundforge to decode at3+ files.
Indeed, there are plans to implement native AT3+ support to replace the current SonicStage workaround.
I've been working on reverse engineering the AT3+ codec for some time and I've already achieved some interesting findings. When I've reversed enough of it, to unpack sound units, I plan to publish a small open source decoder forked from FFMPEG and then improve and implement this on JPCSP. Wink
serio, Hykem, thanks for your quick responses. These are very good news, I was skeptical :-) I wish dev team all luck on this undertake. Hopefully the format isn't that cryptic.

By the way, where it's better to report bugs or regressions? I mean, this board or Google Code? I have problem with FF 7 Crisis Core and FF 4 Complete Collection with latest SVN from emulator's homepage. They work good only with all Video options unchecked and FF 4 lacks text in dialogs.
(09-18-2011, 03:25 PM)knws Wrote: serio, Hykem, thanks for your quick responses. These are very good news, I was skeptical :-) I wish dev team all luck on this undertake. Hopefully the format isn't that cryptic.

By the way, where it's better to report bugs or regressions? I mean, this board or Google Code? I have problem with FF 7 Crisis Core and FF 4 Complete Collection with latest SVN from emulator's homepage. They work good only with all Video options unchecked and FF 4 lacks text in dialogs.

It's better to report these kind of issues here in this board, since it's easier and faster to answer.
By the way, the lack of text in FFIV is being caused by a stencil test regression. I'm already working on a fix which I intend to commit for the next rev. Wink