This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm confused. How do you make this work?
That still isn't in HD but it looks just about the same as PSP's native res with those two things on. This emulator has a long ways to go still but its getting their. The games I teseted out dont play FMV's and the in game graphics have lines and boxes among many places.

http://i.imgur.com/b4nna.jpg

You can see it clearly in that.
I guess the HD graphics depends on the game. For example, The 3rd Birthday can get 3x resolution which is very good.

Give JPCSP more time to get this on all games.
[Image: montcer.png]
(10-25-2012, 03:42 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: That still isn't in HD but it looks just about the same as PSP's native res with those two things on. This emulator has a long ways to go still but its getting their. The games I teseted out dont play FMV's and the in game graphics have lines and boxes among many places.

The 3D part IS in HD. You can't magically upscale the 2D textures/sprites though, no emulator can do that, that's why we have HD retexture project.
(10-25-2012, 03:42 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: That still isn't in HD but it looks just about the same as PSP's native res with those two things on. This emulator has a long ways to go still but its getting their. The games I teseted out dont play FMV's and the in game graphics have lines and boxes among many places.

Thats because you are trying to run a game which is largely 2d instead of 3d. 2d games dont like to be resizied and usually look worse in emulators then 3d games.
For example,I had same problems when trying to play growlanser generation on pcsx2 ( lines across characters portraits )
Just run the game without resizing it ( 1x screen size ) and you will see there wont be any lines anymore.
As for FMV they should play.
I tried the 3rd birthday, Tekken DR, Dissidia 012, Warriors Orochi 2. The only game that work out of them all is Parasite eve but that has issues.

Tekken DR doesn't even load up to the main menu. This goes for WO2. Dissidia 012 could load first movie up to create a profile. Anything after that does not work. So after you create a profile and stry to start the beginning of the game it won't work.

Oh well. I was just seeing how well the emulator worked and it still has many years ahead of it to be well off.

PE did not give me 3x native res instead what I got is this.

http://i.imgur.com/OJmZt.jpg

It looks like a PS1 game.

Oh well the emulator is getting their but I'll give it a couple more years.

If anything I could be a tester for games.
Something must be wrong with your settings
PE should looks like this (or similar)

I agree with hyakki, mine looks like his attached picture.

However, this game (at least the version i got which is not listed on Commercial Games list of JPCSP forum) has some bugs that make look like PS1 and it happen when START is hit; game fix on his own after a cutscene. Since you own ATI video card, i suggest you try toggle on/off some video options when running the game so you can check which one (Or maybe more than 1) allow you the better video result.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: montcer.png]
(10-25-2012, 06:46 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: I tried the 3rd birthday, Tekken DR, Dissidia 012, Warriors Orochi 2. The only game that work out of them all is Parasite eve but that has issues.

Tekken DR doesn't even load up to the main menu. This goes for WO2. Dissidia 012 could load first movie up to create a profile. Anything after that does not work. So after you create a profile and stry to start the beginning of the game it won't work.

Oh well. I was just seeing how well the emulator worked and it still has many years ahead of it to be well off.

PE did not give me 3x native res instead what I got is this.

http://i.imgur.com/OJmZt.jpg

It looks like a PS1 game.

Oh well the emulator is getting their but I'll give it a couple more years.

If anything I could be a tester for games.

All of these games you mention work. You are just new,so dont know how to use emulator properly. Or something is wrong with your pc.

Dissidia 012 is in playable section:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3977

You can find videos of tekken 5 with jpcsp on youtube working.

As for 3rd birthday,well look at the pictures on this thread !
OK I enabled a lot of vid settings and now it looks like the pic shown here BUT am I supposed to be getting 10-12fps? If my system can't handle this on max graphic settings then their is something wrong with the emulator. Enable saving Ge screen to textures instead of memory. This option is what gives the nice HD look but it lowers my fps by 20.... This should not happen with my system should it? I mean I can play really demanding games on the PCSX2 emulator at 3-4x native res and still get 60fps. Of course PSP games are capped at 30... I can play Shadow of the Colossus on like 3-4 x native res and get full 60 FPS. I should not have these problem on JPCSP but I am. This does not make sense. Can you tell me why that video setting alone drops me down by 20fps?

I am still skeptical about this emulator.
Well based on pics in this thread,you are supposed to be getting atleast 25-30 fps ( you can see the fps in screenshoots ).
Dont enable all video settings Smile
Just enable for example shaders, dynamic shader generation and gaving ge screens and try that.