This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm confused. How do you make this work?
What video card do you have?
pcsx2 and dolphin both use Directx by default,
Jpcsp uses OpenGL so you need to make sure your video card drivers are up-to date from the manufacture (not Windows Update!)
I mentioned it in my first post.... Its an HD Radeon 2GB 6950
Test opengl in dolphin and pcsx2 ( they both have options to change this ) just to see if something is wrong with opengl on your system
oh I must of completely skipped over it since you said 2GB 6950,

there is a few things you can try
1. Try to edit the 'start-windows-<>.bat' file and change the -Xmx1024m value to a lower number such as -Xmx512m.
I know this has helped other ATI/Intel users who have gotten that message, strange though since you have plenty of ram
2. Right click on the bat file -> compatibility -> Disable desktop composition
3. try to lower your desktop resolution if its higher then 1920x1080
I do not know what you are talking about. What bat file are you referring? How do I access it?

My native res is 1920x1080
On the folder where you extract JPCSP, exist a file called "start-windows-amd64.bat". Maybe you can't see the ".bat" prefix because that's an Windows Option and not everybody has it enable.

You have many ways to modify that file.
The easiest way: Locate that file; once you know which file is, right click on it and the list displayed will show an option like "Edit this file"; select that option and notepad will open. Do the changes hyakki told.

Easy as well, but more complex: In case the first way didn't work to you because when you did right click on the file there wasn't the "edit" option, open NotePad on the Windows Start Menu and when it starts: File -> Open -> Locate the file and open it.

Once the file is open on NotePad, you will see this:
Code:
@echo off
rem CD to the path of the command line, this is required when running as an administrator
cd /D "%~dp0"

set PATH=%PATH%;lib\;lib\windows-amd64\

if NOT EXIST "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64" goto JAVA32

if "%ProgramFiles%" == "%ProgramFiles(x86)%" goto JAVA32SHELL

set key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment
set JAVA_VERSION=
set JAVA_HOME=
for /f "tokens=3* skip=2" %%a in ('reg query "%key%" /v CurrentVersion') do set JAVA_VERSION=%%a
for /f "tokens=2* skip=2" %%a in ('reg query "%key%\%JAVA_VERSION%" /v JavaHome') do set JAVA_HOME=%%b

if not exist "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe" goto JAVAMISSING
echo Running Jpcsp 64bit...
"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -Xmx1024m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m -Djava.library.path=lib/windows-amd64 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar %*
goto END

:JAVA32
echo Unable to run a 64bit build on a 32bit platform. Install a 64bit version of Windows first.
pause
goto END

:JAVA32SHELL
echo Unable to properly run a 64bit application from a 32bit context on a 64bit platform.
pause
goto END

:JAVAMISSING
echo The required version of Java has not been installed.
echo Go to http://java.sun.com to install the 64bit Java JRE.
pause

:END

So, go to the string:
Quote:"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -Xmx1024m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m -Djava.library.path=lib/windows-amd64 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar %*
And make the -Xmx change.
[Image: montcer.png]
OK that seemed to have fixed the problem but how do you get to play games in HD? As of now the graphics are no better than the native PSP resolution.

Also some things I have noticed just briefly using the emulator. The game screen does not aligin with the window of the emulator. Thiers black lines that flash in the game itself and you can often times see squares caused by the graphics. The big one is the first one. Is their anyway to fix these or....
I already told you how to improve the graphics in my first reply.
Besides that,make sure to enable anisotropic filtering, options/video/filter
If you have a problem with specific game,its best to make a post in games section ( game probably already has its own thread ).
OK.... but I never saw any GE to screen texture option though. I do have anistropic filtering on. If I didn't then the games won't look like the PSP's native res.
(10-25-2012, 11:53 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: OK.... but I never saw any GE to screen texture option though. I do have anistropic filtering on. If I didn't then the games won't look like the PSP's native res.
Press F12 -> Video tab