This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 - ULUS10077
r2788

Movie falls out of sync with audio, slight texture bugs on intro training missions, seems to work out when in real-game missions.
game runs somewhat slow, it gets a slight speedup with CLUT (strange since GPU usage was low)
attached log with profiler maybe it can help.

Disabling Save GE screen to textures + Enable Only GE , vertex, CLUT can improve speed (from 11fps to about 18-20fps (on my pc))

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Log_r2788(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 125.15 KB / Downloads: 79)
From profiler:
Code:
spline: called 1017733 times, average 31.1 per GE list
Again a game using the spline command, which explains why it is quite slow.
Does the vertex cache help here?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(10-18-2012, 11:28 PM)hyakki Wrote: r2788

Movie falls out of sync with audio, slight texture bugs on intro training missions, seems to work out when in real-game missions.
game runs somewhat slow, it gets a slight speedup with CLUT (strange since GPU usage was low)
attached log with profiler maybe it can help.

Disabling Save GE screen to textures + Enable Only GE , vertex, CLUT can improve speed (from 11fps to about 18-20fps (on my pc))

You can disable the Geometry Shader for 2D rendering. This is not to no effect.
There are graphic issues when you use the card. Dont movie.(screen)
On/Off Enable VAO - is not to no effect for FPS up.
Me too max FPS in game 12, but in menu 30.

PS. And the forum has a similar theme. That is: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=85093

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz;
MB: Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L
RAM: DDR3 6,0GB;
Gfx: ASUS Nvidia GeForse GTS 550Ti @ 1024 MB;
My video channel emuls test.
(10-19-2012, 07:35 AM)gid15 Wrote: From profiler:
Code:
spline: called 1017733 times, average 31.1 per GE list
Again a game using the spline command, which explains why it is quite slow.
Does the vertex cache help here?

ooops turns out I had 32x anti-aliasing forced in nvidia java profile, this was causing a minor speed hit :p (even so GPU load is never over 6%, gpu memory is about 198mb, when I enable CLUT GPU core goes up to about 30-40% usage)
but overall vertex cache has little effect on the speed in this game, CLUT has the biggest advantage.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xug5g3_mga2_videogames
r2902
videos are now working and syncing ok Smile