This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slowdown during loading (?)
Hey, first of all, awesome job with JPCSP.
When I last played it a couple of months ago, there was no decryption at all, and I could only play some selected games. When I've heard that it now features decryption, I immediatly had to try it, and was happy to find out most of the games I've intended to play are actually working almost flawlessly! However, a problem that was not in the previous version has appeared.

Every single time the game is loading something (which I assume is why it is happening since it always happens if things that have never appeared before come on screen), the game keeps freezing for a couple of secs.
An example for this is Disgaea 2: during story parts, the game keeps freezing all over the place. If a new song becomes BGM that hasn't been played before, it freezes.

The only game I had played in the old version was Patapon. It did not show any lags like this, however, it is having them as well now, so I do kind of assume it does not have anything to do with the decryption.

I have seen 2 or so other people asking for roughly the same problem, but no one seemed to have an idea as no one responded to that particular problem.

I hope anyone can help me with this since this is really the only thing that still bugs me while playing games.

Oh, and in case it matters, I am using the latest version (2298) 32-bit with SonicStage.
(09-11-2011, 10:41 AM)poring Wrote: Hey, first of all, awesome job with JPCSP.
When I last played it a couple of months ago, there was no decryption at all, and I could only play some selected games. When I've heard that it now features decryption, I immediatly had to try it, and was happy to find out most of the games I've intended to play are actually working almost flawlessly! However, a problem that was not in the previous version has appeared.

Every single time the game is loading something (which I assume is why it is happening since it always happens if things that have never appeared before come on screen), the game keeps freezing for a couple of secs.
An example for this is Disgaea 2: during story parts, the game keeps freezing all over the place. If a new song becomes BGM that hasn't been played before, it freezes.

The only game I had played in the old version was Patapon. It did not show any lags like this, however, it is having them as well now, so I do kind of assume it does not have anything to do with the decryption.

I have seen 2 or so other people asking for roughly the same problem, but no one seemed to have an idea as no one responded to that particular problem.

I hope anyone can help me with this since this is really the only thing that still bugs me while playing games.

Oh, and in case it matters, I am using the latest version (2298) 32-bit with SonicStage.

Hmm...
Do you think you could upload a video showing this issue, please?