This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running A Game With A Command Line
I'd like to setup separate JPCSP installations for each of my games and run them through shortcuts on Windows 7 Ultimate. But I can't seem to get the command line options to work. Any ideas?

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
That's a good idea, but JPCSP launcher already does something like that because it can save separate properties file for each game; have you tried it out? The minor issue with it will be that you can't make a shortcut that execute the emulator and run the game on the shortcut, however, i guess it can be done via the start batch.
[Image: montcer.png]
(10-14-2012, 09:44 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: That's a good idea, but JPCSP launcher already does something like that because it can save separate properties file for each game; have you tried it out? The minor issue with it will be that you can't make a shortcut that execute the emulator and run the game on the shortcut, however, i guess it can be done via the start batch.
From the F.A.Q.:
Code:
Usage: java -Xmx512m -jar jpcsp.jar <OPTIONS>
-d, --debugger         Open debugger at start.
-f, --loadfile FILE      Load a file.
                              Example: ms0/PSP/GAME/pspsolitaire/EBOOT.PBP
-u, --loadumd FILE   Load a UMD. Example: umdimages/cube.iso
-r, --run                  Run loaded file or umd. Use with -f or -u option.

It should be possible with those commands to specify an iso and run it on launch. I'm fairly certain I've done this before but can't seem to get it working at present.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
JPCSP Launcher have a FAQ? I ignore that hahahaha. Can you told me where you get it? Either way, JPCSP start script certainly can do it, but i ignore the propers Java commands.
(10-14-2012, 10:30 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: JPCSP Launcher have a FAQ? I ignore that hahahaha. Can you told me where you get it? Either way, JPCSP start script certainly can do it, but i ignore the propers Java commands.
No, I meant the JPCSP F.A.Q.: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=991

I'd prefer not to use another program when I know this one can do it.

My shortcut currently looks like this:
Code:
"A:\My Files\Games\Lunar Silver Star Harmony\start-windows-amd64.bat" -u LunarS~1.iso

JPCSP will load but it doesn't seem to load the game.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

Ahmmm, that FAQ! I never read it because it was closed; some time ago i ask hyakki to re-open it but then i forgot to read hahahaha.

Anyway, you are doing the shortcut wrong. Do this to try run the Cube.ISO:
1. Create a folder for the game you want to make the shortcut.
2. Extract JPCSP there and configure it.
3. Put the game image on the UMD folder because will be easier to locate it.
4. Go to the file "start-windows-amd64.bat" or x86 according the version you use.
5. Right click -> Edit (With Notepad or some text editor)
6. Locate the main executable line and add the commands you told me; should be like this:

7. Save the batch file, close it, right click->Send to: Desktop. Once there, you could rename it whatever you want and also change the icon.

Finally, you could change the patch where the game image is with normal commands, but like i say, is easier keep the game image in UMD folder. Also, remember to keep the spaces between the -u command and the image directory.
(10-14-2012, 10:55 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: Ahmmm, that FAQ! I never read it because it was closed; some time ago i ask hyakki to re-open it but then i forgot to read hahahaha.

Anyway, you are doing the shortcut wrong. Do this to try run the Cube.ISO:
1. Create a folder for the game you want to make the shortcut.
2. Extract JPCSP there and configure it.
3. Put the game image on the ISO folder because will be easier to locate it.
4. Go to the file "start-windows-amd64.bat" or x86 according the version you use.
5. Right click -> Edit (With Notepad or some text editor)
6. Locate the main executable line and add the commands you told me; should be like this:

7. Save the batch file, close it, right click->Send to: Desktop. Once there, you could rename it whatever you want and also change the icon.

Finally, you could change the patch where the game image is with normal commands, but like i say, is easier keep the game image in UMD folder. Also, remember to keep the spaces between the -u command and the image directory.
Dude, you're awesome- it works! Thanks a lot.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
Glad to help!