This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aliens vs Predator: Requiem - ULES00972
I think the game is perfectly emulated and playable, but there's only one small-big problem: the control stick used in the up and left position won't let you run...I mean that with every other direction (diagonals included) you can walk slow, walk and run, while only in that two direction (up and left) you can only walk slow or walk. So if you wanna run ahead you have to keep on running diagonal left and diagonal right...
Anyone has solved this problem?

P.S. it's not a problem of my input configuration (F11) because with other games the analog controls work perfectly.

Forgot to tell that if I set the analog control to Keyboard keys you can run in every direction, so the problem is related to joypad analogue sticks (tried wit PS2 controller and Xbox360 and both have the same issue)
(10-14-2012, 03:26 PM)Rigaton Wrote: I think the game is perfectly emulated and playable, but there's only one small-big problem: the control stick used in the up and left position won't let you run...I mean that with every other direction (diagonals included) you can walk slow, walk and run, while only in that two direction (up and left) you can only walk slow or walk. So if you wanna run ahead you have to keep on running diagonal left and diagonal right...
Anyone has solved this problem?

P.S. it's not a problem of my input configuration (F11) because with other games the analog controls work perfectly.

Forgot to tell that if I set the analog control to Keyboard keys you can run in every direction, so the problem is related to joypad analogue sticks (tried wit PS2 controller and Xbox360 and both have the same issue)
Which values to you get when running the controller test application: controller.pbp? (Menu "File -> Load file").
This might be an incorrect calibration of your controller.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
it might be a problem related to the pov switch implementation. i get problems with it too in some games (like persona 3. if you for example spin the d-pad around 2 or 3 times, the cursor gets stuck in going up and left even if i move it down and right until i release it completely. it might be reading it as all of them being pressed at once, dunno)

can't use the test program, since it doesn't update the screen at all unless i open and close some drop down menu. it ignores the settings i pick in the video options too.
I load the controller.pbp but nothing happens (even if I click on run button)...what do I have to do to make the application work?
Anyway I doubt it could be an incorrect calibration because in every other game every direction works perfectly with every movement-step (walk and run).
OK I made it work starting with full screen: it says:

Analog X= 128 Analog Y= 128
I even tried to cancel settings.properties and assign only the joypad analog directions (keeping everything else on the keyboard) but with no avail: analog up and right in this game keep on beeing not fully recognised
I just found out that with the Xbox 360 controller the situation is even worse: you cannot run with every high to down-left direction...
(10-14-2012, 04:51 PM)Rigaton Wrote: I load the controller.pbp but nothing happens (even if I click on run button)...what do I have to do to make the application work?
Anyway I doubt it could be an incorrect calibration because in every other game every direction works perfectly with every movement-step (walk and run).
OK I made it work starting with full screen: it says:

Analog X= 128 Analog Y= 128
I even tried to cancel settings.properties and assign only the joypad analog directions (keeping everything else on the keyboard) but with no avail: analog up and right in this game keep on beeing not fully recognised
Deselect all the Video options under Configuration. The values displayed by controller.pbp should change as you move your controller.
- Up: Analog Y should display 0
- Down: Analog Y should display 255
- Left: Analog X should display 0
- Right: Analog X should display 255
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
even deselecting everything in video options still doesn't fix the screen, it doesn't update at all until i force it to through a screen resize, or opening/moving any menu/window above it.

java 7u7 32 bit, on win xp 32 bit with a geforce gts 450

btw. moving another window on top of it rapidly makes it refresh almost normally, and i noticed that if i do a 360 degree rotation using the d-pad (which uses the hat switch), all directions become stuck until i release the pad completely. even if i hold up only, it'll still think i hold up, down, left and right simultaneously.

basically, any direction i press becomes stuck until i release the d-pad completely, not just the direction that's stuck.
works ok here with the 64bit, pressing up analog makes Analog Y go to 1 down goes 255, Analog X left 1, right 255 deadzone is 128 or so~

Rigaton are you using the latest jpcsp revision?

serio are you using 1x window size in jpcsp, sometimes a resized window won't repaint the screen right.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

yeah, analog works fine, although for me the values won't update/screen becomes gray as if nothing was loaded until i start hovering something above it and force it to refresh manually with it. once i stop doing that, the screen stops updating/goes gray again.

the dpad's the problematic one, if it uses the hat switch (mine's 8 directional, it probably has problems with 4 directional ones too). as far as i know, implementing those can be a pain.
I'm using revision 2770 and even if I move the analogue controller, the values still stay on 128 for both x and y axis
But I'm more inclined to think that it's a video problem (refreshing problem or something else), because the emulator always says Fps:0; so to me the application doesn't seem to work right...
OK, I found a "custom" way to show the values: keeping pressed up, down, left or right and then double click on emulator window...in this way it refreshes the movement data, so the results are as follows:

Left Stick UP => Analog Y=1
Left Stick DOWN => Analog Y=255
Left Stick LEFT => Analog X= 1
Left Stick RIGHT => Analog X=255