This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I stand a chance?
psp 
After about 4-5 years, I relinquished my PSP in February, and I miss it Confused

So Now I want to play some of the games I played before, but I have to ask can my pc take it.

Windows 7 x86
Direct X 10
2 GB RAM DDR2
AMD dual core athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4GHz
Nvidia Geforce 7025

So...can my PC play at least Birth by Sleep, Peace Walker/Portable Ops?
Well, if you have the ISO games i guess you can give it a chance since your video card is Nvidia and JPCSP is highly compatible with Nvidia cards.

Look for game dedicated threads on PSP emulators; JPCSP is the most advanced at this time so search on his dedicated forum section; can reach there with my signature links.

In my case, i own an ATI video card and MGS Portable Ops + is half playable and Peace Walker is slooowwww.
[Image: montcer.png]
I'd imagine that cpu speed is more important, and I've looked at the particular threads several times before I even joined before and couldn't really extract any informaton..which is why I joined.
(09-12-2012, 12:15 AM)tysonrss Wrote: I'd imagine that cpu speed is more important
In did; however we are talking about PSP emulation; not PS3 emulation so is not necessary an Intel i7 extreme with 6 cores to run JPCSP hahahahaha.

I own an AMD A8-3510mx which is Quad Core under 2.5 GHz each core; as you can see, is not big difference between our CPU.

As i told you, the video card however as much to do here because JPCSP (Is the only PSP emualtor i use) work with OpenGL and AMD drivers are poorly worked on OpenGL; in that order i can play Skyrim, Battlefield 3 and demanding games on 30 FPS with my APU but JPCSP does not reach those 30 FPS and the reason is AMD drivers. As you own Nvidia, you will be better placed than me.
[Image: montcer.png]
But I had graphical errors with Metal Gear Acid and Portable Ops wouldn't start...and Street Fighter Alpha 3 was slow...so if a 2D game was slow, I'm thinking a 3D game wouldn't achieve anything too thrilling..

And my processor is AMD...Nvidia is the graphics card...