This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (EU) - ULES01441
hello, i didn't see the KH BBS EU version so i posted it..
i am currently playing my first char which is Terra i'm near the end of his story, so far it's going well

it plays w/ FPS
6-9 in areas w/ many unversed
10-15 in some areas (this is what i normally get when playing it)
20-30+ in menus

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (EU) (ULES01441)
JPCSP REV (2718)

Settings:
Video - everything unchecked
(checked) ignore invalid memory access
(checked) use media engine & the use flash0 font?? sorry forgot the name

Compiler
(checked) Use compiler (dynarec)
(3000) Maximum method size

(enabled) Anisotropic Filter
(x4) Anti-aliasing

ok, i put this in half-playable coz of graphical glitches, textures, lighting problems in some area & some black screen freeze thingy when entering an area..

what i mean is that sometimes when you enter an area it won't load the area and stays on the black screen.. it doesn't happen often though..

so i recommend saving often or use the save snapshot option (although this could lead to more graphical & texture issues sometimes)..

i haven't tried w/ sonicstage installed so some scenes don't have sounds but most have..

BTW, if you can try it out & have seen improvement in FPS pls post the settings.. i tried changing some settings but i have no luck in improving the FPS..

i hope i posted it right..
i'll try to get some screenshots from the game...

Mod Edit: Added GameID to topic
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93Ghz
VIDCARD: GeForce 7500 GT
RAM: 2GB
JAVA: 6_38 & 7 (both installed but only 7 is enabled)
JPCSP: Rev. 2968
Update
the game is playable from start to finish (this includes the final episode as well)

Opening Movie

Character Selection

with these settings the FPS has significantly improved even for the slow FPS for many unversed..
i still advised you to save often when you can coz i still had some freezes & black screen..

FPS
11-15 in areas w/ many unversed
15-20+ normal
20-30+ menus

[-]not checked
[x]checked

Video
[-]Disable VBO
[x]Only GE graphics
[x]Use vertex cache
[x]Use shaders
[x]Use Geometry Shader for 2d rendering
[x]Disable UBO
[x]Enable VAO
[x]Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[x]Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader
[x]Enable dynamic shader generation
[-]Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test"
[-]Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask"
[x]Disable optimized VertexInfo reading
[-]Save Stencil to Memory
[-]Use Software Rendering

Memory
[x]Ignore invalid memory access
[-]Ignore unmapped imports

Media
[x]Use Media Engine
[-]Extract media files to tmp folder
[-]Decode audio files w/ SonicStage
[-]Use debug font

Compiler
[x]Use compiler
[-]Output profiler info
[3000]Maximum method size

Display
[x]Anisotropic Filter
[x4]Anti-aliasing
Moved to Playable
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(02-06-2013, 01:43 AM)caizer Wrote: Update
the game is playable from start to finish (this includes the final episode as well)

Opening Movie

Character Selection

with these settings the FPS has significantly improved even for the slow FPS for many unversed..
i still advised you to save often when you can coz i still had some freezes & black screen..

FPS
11-15 in areas w/ many unversed
15-20+ normal
20-30+ menus

[-]not checked
[x]checked

Video
[-]Disable VBO
[x]Only GE graphics
[x]Use vertex cache
[x]Use shaders
[x]Use Geometry Shader for 2d rendering
[x]Disable UBO
[x]Enable VAO
[x]Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[x]Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader
[x]Enable dynamic shader generation
[-]Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test"
[-]Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask"
[x]Disable optimized VertexInfo reading
[-]Save Stencil to Memory
[-]Use Software Rendering

Memory
[x]Ignore invalid memory access
[-]Ignore unmapped imports

Media
[x]Use Media Engine
[-]Extract media files to tmp folder
[-]Decode audio files w/ SonicStage
[-]Use debug font

Compiler
[x]Use compiler
[-]Output profiler info
[3000]Maximum method size

Display
[x]Anisotropic Filter
[x4]Anti-aliasing

Change maximum method size to 50 and game will work alot faster.. Wink That works in all games i played, so i don't see why it would not work in this one.. I will try it myself Wink
oh it was moved to playable.. well, i guess it's coz you can finish the whole game....
@gid15
do you think i should post something about that lighting prob. in the character selection screen??
the settings i posted already fixed some of those lighting prob. in some areas & that selection screen has improved too compared when using the settings in my first post.. the newer revisions might also have helped that's why the game improved.. i didn't try those settings w/ the previous rev i used..

@srdjan045
i'll try what you suggested and see if there will be improvements in speed..

thank you Big Grin
(02-08-2013, 05:38 AM)caizer Wrote: oh it was moved to playable.. well, i guess it's coz you can finish the whole game....
@gid15
do you think i should post something about that lighting prob. in the character selection screen??
the settings i posted already fixed some of those lighting prob. in some areas & that selection screen has improved too compared when using the settings in my first post.. the newer revisions might also have helped that's why the game improved.. i didn't try those settings w/ the previous rev i used..

@srdjan045
i'll try what you suggested and see if there will be improvements in speed..

thank you Big Grin

Hey, can u help me with this game. I can't seems to run it on any JPCSP rev. When i load iso I just get black screen and FPS says 0 or 1. I tried you're config too but it doesn't seems to work. I want to play this game. Please help me if u can..
@Gid15, if u know a fix for this, please help me bro.
@srdjan045
can u post your PC specs & java & jpcsp rev?
is your java version 7? they said the newer revisions were made w/ java 7 so it's recommeneded...
& check your video card settings or better yet change to default settings.. i had the same balck screen before & it was because i messed w/ my nvidia settings..
you might also wanna try not selecting any video options first...
(02-11-2013, 08:49 AM)caizer Wrote: @srdjan045
can u post your PC specs & java & jpcsp rev?
is your java version 7? they said the newer revisions were made w/ java 7 so it's recommeneded...
& check your video card settings or better yet change to default settings.. i had the same balck screen before & it was because i messed w/ my nvidia settings..
you might also wanna try not selecting any video options first...

My specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ 2,26GHz (Sucks, i know, but i only wanted to see how fast will game work at my PC. Big Grin)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce XFX GT 240 512MB GDDR5 (i think it's good enough for JPCSP Smile Or atleast i hope so.)
RAM: 3GB DDR2
Java: 7 update 13
JPCSP: r2979,r2980 and r2981.
I will try to change my nvidia settings to default, cuz i changed them.
But i don't see why should i do that, cuz other games work with changed nvidia settings, but this one not. Sad
Anyway, tnx for help. I hope i will make this game start..
EDIT: Seems java is causing problems. I fixed black screen by deleting java 7u13 and installing java 6u38.. I will try to install some older java 7 (maybe java 7u11). I will let u know is it working with java 7 for me. Smile
regarding your CPU, you may want to select the options for AMD & see if there's an improvement in FPS..

i'm not an expert on this matters...
my prob w/ nvidia settings (as explained by montcer9012)was that i chose an option to use nvidia configs rather than application (jpcsp).. & so jpcsp was forced to use the configs in the nvidia instead of its own..
link to that nvidia prob.. http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=82375
(02-13-2013, 03:51 AM)caizer Wrote: regarding your CPU, you may want to select the options for AMD & see if there's an improvement in FPS..

i'm not an expert on this matters...
my prob w/ nvidia settings (as explained by montcer9012)was that i chose an option to use nvidia configs rather than application (jpcsp).. & so jpcsp was forced to use the configs in the nvidia instead of its own..
link to that nvidia prob.. http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=82375

Ok, i will try ATI Settings.. But can u tell me how to enable one java and disable second? I have java 7u11 and 7u13. I want to disable 7u11 and leave 7u13 only enabled so i can try to see will KHBBS work with it. Smile