This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metal Gear Acid 2 (ULES00284)
I didn't even know I had the European version. Dang.

Anyways, it looks like game is running okay with the following settings(if settings are not here, they should be unticked). Those with exclamation points are absolutely necessary for the game to be playable.

x - use vertex cache
x - use shaders(!)

x - enable saving ge screen to textures instead of memory
x - enable decoding of indexed textures etc.(!)

I'm have a Core 2 Duo processor so it's a bit slow for my taste. Strange since this game is barely 3d compared to Peacewalker but that runs faster than this game. I've played around with jpcsp settings itself. This is the best I can find.

And yes, as usual it looks way better than PSP resolution. Smile
i tried this settings then fps is 8-10 , also i checked "Enable dynamic shader generator" then fps is 10-14 but the game is still halfplayable (core 2 duo 2.0 ghz,3 gb ram,nvidia 9600m gt 512 mb)
you can try using jpcsp launcher for additional tweaks that could POSSIBLY help you.

My hardware is just a tad better than yours(2.7 ghz, gtx560 ti gpu) so there shouldn't be too much difference if you use my launcher settings as well.

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid111675

lemme know what happens and good luck. Smile
jeremy, i tried but it is still same, maximum fps 14, my operating system is 32bit, maybe the reason is 32bit. i am wondering metal gear solid peace walker has hard graphics and works like a charm, but acid 2 doesn't, oh my god Sad
i'm not sure how intensive jpcsp uses GPU. it's most likely that. gtx 560ti is very powerful. only thing out of place in my gear is the core2duo. Sad

you sure nothing else is running and using up your CPU and resources while playing? cause yeah, acid 2 is just a bit slower than peacewalker but perfectly playable for me.

another thing you can do is try to enable large pages and large pages size(2) in launcher advanced java. it's a bit complicated since you might need to give permissions so java can lock pages in memory. remember to run launcher as administrator if you try this.
(10-02-2012, 12:33 PM)manpax Wrote: core 2 duo 2.0 ghz,3 gb ram,nvidia 9600m gt 512 mb
I want to believe that the problem is the processor speed.

Yesterday i was bored at home and i start changing my CPU speed with K10Stat watching CPU/GPU usage to determine if JPCSP uses more the CPU or the GPU; the results i got was that JPCSP uses the GPU (At leats mine which is an ATI Radeon APU) very slightly and the CPU/RAM were working at top speed. I start the test with 2 GHz increasing it with 100 MHz at time; each 100 MHz i allow the CPU to use gave to JPCSP an important boost until i got 2.5 GHz making game reach 30 FPS (Metal Gear Peace Walker). Was very curious that only 500MHz make the game reach a playable speed; JPCSP was only using VertexCache.

Also (and this is why i am saying all this) i tried with Metal Gear Portable Ops + and even with 3GHz on each core game does not reach 30 FPS; it stuck on 15/20 FPS :/ ... So, my point is that certain games (Like Peacewalker) takes advantage of CPU speed and other ones needs to be more worked (VFPU instructions maybe or video drivers on ATI cards) so they can use all PC resources.
[Image: montcer.png]
I don't have an AMD so not sure how exactly k10stat works, but if its like Intel then stepping 500mhz is a lot if you have a dual or quad core then that's 500 mhz on each core, Java is multi-threaded so it can take advantage of that.
Some games I tested (like growlanser) that run full speed alot of the CPU usage actually comes from vsync, I used another program(dxtroy) to limit the game to 59 fps so it wouldn't kick in the internal framelimiter and cpu usage dropped from 30% to 11% (this is only on games that would be so fast without vsync, not games that barely make it to full speed).
I have seen a few games fully max out my GPU if using a bigger window size then 1x , but usually that only happens if you use stencil test or color mask, a perfect example of this would be 'starocean 1' on the world map with color mask enabled Smile

back on topic Smile
manpax that laptop is kinda slow like the others said you will probably need at-least 2.8~3ghz processor for this game.
I've played more with the settings. That's really the best I could find. hyakki and montcer are right. Need to upgrade.

But hey! Good news. Acid 1 seems to work full speed. Although you probably finished that already. Big Grin
Run the game on r2763 not appear correctly texture. Just flashes the screen and spreading kakoeto colors .. the paint in the water.
CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz;
MB: Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L
RAM: DDR3 6,0GB;
Gfx: ASUS Nvidia GeForse GTS 550Ti @ 1024 MB;
My video channel emuls test.